Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by freakchylde, Sep 16, 2012.
CHEERS.....Everything and everyone...another fantastic year!
Only have ONE JEER:
I am still super pissed about the sexist comments thrown out by a few of the male fans.... made me absolutely furious! Do us a favor and don't come back or I promise if I catch you I will will beat your ass!
Hello! I was the guy standing between you and the crazy drunk/high lady who kept dancing during Pretty Maids. I believe I said you were a very pretty lady - hope you're not referring to me! I stand by my assessment anyhow. =P Cheers.
As much as I love Symphony X, I agree. Iconoclast song was okay to have in the special set, but the rest of everything just made it seem way less special. They should have played, in my opinion, something like Through the Looking Glass and Revalations instead of like all the other songs. 2x 10 minute songs. Make the whole set long songs. That would truly be a special ProgNerd set.
Thank you, you are very kind.
No, I was not referring to compliments. I was referring to the asshat that yelled during the Amaranthe set while there was a quiet moment "take your shirt off" to Elize. I was so embarassed and upset about that. I also read throughout the forum that other people had heard asshat "yelled out" comments to the female singers made by idiotic sexist pigs...not cool!
I was hoping for the Accolade suite.
If you don't fly in on a helicopter and rappel down to Center Stage, it wouldn't be worth it.
If I'd have heard that, I probably would've yelled "shut the fuck up, asshole."
I really don't know why people don't.
One more thought of
Why didn't i buy the new Driver album Countdown I know somebody was selling it . damn it man i just herd a song from it kicks ass. I would love to see Rob back at Prog
The one thing I'm glad to see no jeers for is "the guy with the red solo cup diffuser." Seems like everyone took it as the joke it was supposed to be. I was a little worried I was going to piss people off with it.
That was Met-Al. He always yells something random, yet flattering to at least one band each year at ProgPower.
- Another great festival!
- Seeing my extended family. I always miss you guys the worst right after the fest is over. And Su, those gummi bears were INSANE!
- Lanfear - damn fine set. Nuno from Lanfear wishing me a happy birthday and giving me a hug. I love hugs from musicians! I also got a hug from the bassist from Beyond the Bridge. Super cool of him to hang out and mingle all weekend!
- Vespucci's for the excellent food and customer service!
- DaVinci's, for the same! HOLY CRAP, THAT PIZZA WAS AMAZING. Lightly crispy on the bottom, but not burnt or hard, delicious toppings, awesome selection...I'm salivating just thinking of it!
- I didn't get to meet any of the ladies that performed this weekend. I have abysmal timing for that sort of thing. The worst was hearing a friend say "You JUST missed Floor!" I wanted to cry.
- Giant, drunk, bald man at Nightwish on Thursday who kept falling into me. Fortunately, security came and escorted him out.
- my calves and ankles. They got ridiculously swollen after Friday and Saturday night.
Edit: Nailz, I saw you with the solo cup and giggled. It was funny!
I also heard people complaining about one particular photographer's behavior. A shame about that. Other than that, I thought everyone else who was in the pit photographing was very polite.
I can guarantee you this will not be an issue in the future.
While I'm glad this was dealt with (the last thing we need is someone in the Pit who's not taking it seriously. There's too many of us in there to not have everyone working together, which this year, was super super awesome <3 to you all, especially the sponsors, again.), I have no idea who or what this was all about. I hadn't noticed many non-regulars who I've seen over the years. Next time, if this kind of shit happens in the pit, point them out to me. I don't let that kind of garbage fly. We're all there to work and we all respect the privilege of being able to do what we do.
I hope that doesn't read as arrogant or presumptuous on my part, btw. I appreciated the obvious extra space this year considering how much press was there. By and large, everyone down in front and those on the rail were fantastic, though I did blunder into Leah's way once accidentally much to her vocal annoyance. Hehe.
cheers: just to Glen for having an amazing event and being able to see all these cool bands.
jeers: NO FUCKIN PRETTY MAIDS SHIRTS!!!!!
PRETTY MAIDS had shirts. I bought a Pandemonium shirt. They had two or three designs.
They unexpectedly sold ALL of their merch at their prior show.
even the lady selling the shirts look sad, I was standing there pulling out the wallet , and i heard the guy in front of me say "only girls shirts",and i slowly put my wallet away
A band selling all of their merch is a great thing, but I feel bad for the folks who wanted a shirt and were unable to purchase one. They do have an online shop on their official website (http://www.prettymaids.dk/shop.php). I have never ordered from it myself so cannot say how good/bad it is, but may be an option for those who still want merch.
When I went to the table early on Saturday, they had literally 4 girlie shirts left. Two of them were white and two of them were black. I snagged one of the black ones.
hey thanks for the website
* My dear husband, the mastermind who's pursuing his dream and passion
* Every attendee that supported ProgPower USA - we had a helluva party!
* All of the band members. For most, it was a journey half-way across the world.
* Our entire crew & photography staff. To say they work their asses off is an understatement.
* Glenn, Tommy, Wayne, Marc & Mike for loading-in over 10,000 pounds of Nightwish freight
* Our brother, Tommy Bryant for everything
* Our sister, Sandy Bryant for everything
* Wayne Petroskey for excelling at his first year as stage manager
* My t-shirt/gold badge crew. They have my back when I'm pulled in a million directions at once.
* Niki Lockwood for being so damn cool with the chaos (and Bocce!)
* The rest of Center Stage staff for bending over backwards for ProgPower USA and for looking the other way on so many things
* Johanne Greene, our backstage caterer
* Wayne Joyner for his kick-ass video and shirt design
* Our brand-new crew members, Harris Bergsohn and Stephen Schmidt
* Hoyt Parris and Esa Ahola for returning to the crew
* My Daddy for his attendance & support
* Our private dinner Tuesday night before the chaos at Varasano's
* Phil Ruzika of My Logo HQ for our awesome t-shirts this year
* Whitney Newman for stepping up to help out a band member in need
* Keehne Hosier for "stealing me" on Wed. night. As a result, I enjoyed a bit of NW's set.
* Heather Simkins for my lovely corset (it was so me!) and cookies
* Our Country Gentleman crew
* Jim Wilkinson (aka Poppa Pepper) for our Texas Heat
* Kelly Elder for our jerkey and pistachios
* Amanda & Kris Ianetti for our gallon of JD!
* Debbie Schnell for our homemade jambalaya
* Esa & Stephen for our photo prints
* Tracie's Treats
* The Su for our gummies
* Truly Great Cupcakes for remembering the t-shirt/gold badge crew
* Yuzi Okumura for our Japanese saki
* Javier Vazquez for our Don Julio
* Frode Johnsrud for his assistance and our Pagan's Mind goodies
* Dee for our special shirts
* AMBR for this year's poster & tea
* Christina, Alicia & Kim for organizing Matt's gift
* Elize Ryd and Clementine Delauney - they were especially kind!
* The mild weather in HOTlanta
* Seven Kingdoms for taking care of promo bags this year
* Finally meeting Claus & Tess and their outstanding work on this year's program & CD sampler
* Greg Hasbrouck & Milton Mendonca for their band interviews
* My BlackBerry & iPad for enabling me to keep up with the social media madness
* Jon Oliva & Chris Kinder for ensuring attendees had a special experience
* Steve "Doc Killdrums" Wacholz for his generosity
* My Mom learning Wed. she could not attend due to a shingles outbreak
* Lufthansa Airline strike 1 week prior to PPUSA
* Lufthansa for Amaranthe's backing tracks and merch not making it to ATL
* Being so stressed out even before the fest began that it affected my health & performance at the fest
* Both of us having the ProgPower Crud/Flu
* Bruises that I have no idea how I obtained
* Having time to watch only 1 band this year (aside from Kamelot & Nightwish)
* Not having nearly enough time to socialize with all of our ProgPower family
* The 2 individuals that could not hold their alcohol at the Artmore Courtyard