This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chris!Question: "Wall"

Discussion in 'Chris Broderick' started by Wonder-Chef, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Wonder-Chef

Wonder-Chef New Metal Member

I've been playing guitar for about a year, I really enjoy playing it. I've been told that I'm pretty good for the time I have been told by several people, even a professional Musician told me that.
    But some days ago I've come across a "wall", by wall I mean a feeling that I can't evolve anymore, although I have good skills I'm not good enough to play some advanced stuff, and to be honest I don't know what to play or what to study in terms of music. Any advice?

2. Chris_Broderick

WOW,

that is a huge question, especially without seeing you play. I would find a qualified teacher and see if he/she can push your ability.

Take care, Chris.

3. Wonder-Chef

Wonder-Chef New Metal Member

Hey again Chris,

I actually found my way "around" the wall, simply started studying some somewhat advanced theory, like Harmony, Chord voicing and building, and understanding how scales are built.

Thanks

4. Chris_Broderick

Good news!!!

I think you will find that the more you get under your belt the learning becomes endless.
    Chris.