This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Christian Metal

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Immortal Souls, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Vacant_Planets

Vacant_Planets Queen Nicole

Yes, bery narrow minded to not want to hear a narrow minded individual share his Sunday thoughts with us over subpar riffs. If we simply admitted these were fantasy lyrics though......lol...

Satanists? Please confirm that you truely believe those people believe every word in their lyrics...Face it Christian lyrics = Annoying, Satanic lyrics = good laugh.

2. Alteredmindeath

Alteredmindeath Wasteland Survivor

lol christians are about as metal as tin foil.

3. jpmuikku

jpmuikku Member

4. Black Orifice

Black Orifice Vein-Marbled Tower

fuck christianity, fuck islam, fuck Judaism, hell... fuck religion. and my biggest fuck you goes to christian metal.

5. Black Orifice

Black Orifice Vein-Marbled Tower

:kickass:

6. Vacant_Planets

Rubbermaid yo. :cool:

7. Immortal Souls

On the contrary i find Christian's to hardley be pansy's!! I used to be one i used to be a born again and if you call choosing something despite being ridiculed everday!! loosing almost all of your friends and being mocked by everyone!! if you call that being a pansy then i dunno.

On a side note why cant Christian's Play metal too? Just cuzz the first metal gods where into satan? soo because satan is all bad and powerfull he deserves to be sung about more than some all powerful being called god? Pretty screwed up. Nothing wrong with Christians and nothing wrong with Christian Metal you guys just got to get your overly obsessed "metal has to be bad and rebellious" heads out of your asses to realize it.

8. Element_man

Element_man Lord of the Realm

Lyrical content and religious views of a band never bothers me. I listen to roughly the same number of christian-themed bands as I do satanic-themed groups and NS ones. Big fucking deal.

9. no country for old wainds

no i call that being an idiot, the 'pansy' part is all that thou shalt not kill bullshit, what kind of nonce came up with that

10. False Joe

False Joe Who cares.

If you're being ridiculed and losing all your friends you probably made the wrong decision.

11. no country for old wainds

if the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?!

12. ahnkou

ahnkou Member

You people are morons... Metal is a genre of music. Black Metal essentially came from Heavy Metal, which came from the Blues, which came from spiritual southern african-americans... hmm the root of metal grew from the seeds in the Bible belt of America. People nowadays use metal as a style not music. They have to be big and bad and the best way to do that is with satanic lyrics (look at Slayer). 95% of the bands aren't even satanists or certainly are hypocrites because they don't practice what they preach (sing). Now bands like Gorgoroth, Burzum, Mayhem... they seems to actually be the real "Black Metal".

Check out these two bands... ones folk/black metal... the other is black metal... they have christian lyrics, doesn't change the style, they are as black metal as other black metal bands. If you didn't hear what evorklidon was singing about but heard the vocals/guitars/bass/drums they would be labeled as black metal. Everyone tries to make all these genres of metal but half of them are retarded. Christian/melodic/death/black/hardcore/metal... gimme a break

Black Metal - It is typically abrasive and often uses fast tempos, high-pitched electric guitars played with tremolo picking, high-pitched shrieking vocals, and unconventional song structures. It is prone to experimentation and certain elements typical to black metal are not always used by every band within the genre.

http://www.myspace.com/whitefrozen

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=83855389

13. no country for old wainds

the seeds of everything grew out of the big bang hey i guess everything is like compatible with everything

14. ahnkou

ahnkou Member

o_O:cry:

It's not like that. Blues is a very "dark" style of music most people were used to back them. Just look at all the african-americans had to go through. That is how these more "evil" sounding bands came to form. I'm defending music for music's sake. I actually enjoy/study what bands present on their cd's. I don't judge the lyrically stance, I judge the music itself. I'm sorry there are black metal bands with christian lyrics, they are still the black metal genre no matter what tag you put on them (christian unblack - holy white metal) It's still black metal. Even guys like satyricon (in a black metal documentary) say that the black metal music doesn't need to be satanist, but dark.

15. ahnkou

ahnkou Member

Excellent AchrisK... these uber trve satantist noobs are waaaay to narrow minded and i dont think they even really enjoy/understand the music, they are too into the style like they are in hot topic or soemthing.

16. Vacant_Planets

Stop quoting Wikipedia's music theory page please. Black Metal's roots are about as much blues as they are Rap/techno.

BTW Does holy white metal sound dark to you? Thanks for ruling that out.

17. anonymousnick2001

anonymousnick2001 World's Greatest Vocalist

:rolleyes: at what this thread has become.

P.S. Listen to Extol's Undeceived. Good stuff. Just got some more Living Sacrifice. \m/ Oh!

18. no country for old wainds

extol are gangrene for the ears

19. The Utopian

The Utopian New Metal Member

I hate and despise the proselytization and insidiousness of religion in the media.Mostly condemn the introduction of Christianity in a music style that was founded in rebellion to the political, religious and moral authorities. The listeners and players are contradictories to the philosophy metal.

20. no country for old wainds

now see thats what ive been trying to say all along