This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Close Minded people.

Discussion in 'LORD' started by JausmetalJ, Jan 13, 2006.

1. JausmetalJ

JausmetalJ Call Me James

Ok, To start off with, I don't mean to bitch, but thats exactly what this is going to turn into.

A while ago I got into discussion with a guy from another forum about metal, and this guy was giving me shit about listening to Aussie metal (He was into Finnish and Swedish sorta metal, mostly Grindcore I later found out)

So I asked him had he ever HEARD any Aussie metal, He said something about "The Bezerker" And I said "Cool, ever heard of Dungeon Or Black Majesty?"

Then he said something along the lines of "Pfft, What kinda music are they? (I told him power/speed/melodic kinda), Why would I listen to a band called Dungeon? Or Black Majesty for that sake.

I mean for gods fucking sake.

Can anyone tell me a decent name for a fucking grind band?

Then about 10 minutes ago:
    CD: i unno that band and shi
    CD: aus metal for the lose
    Aus Metal Head: OMG how could you
    Aus Metal Head: LORD is a new band (and with that album, a side project) by the guy from DUNGEON
    Aus Metal Head: and Dungeon were one of the best Aussie metal bands ever
    DLP: if he says they're shit then they must be because he is the lord of music (ed; didnt really get this)
    CD: Howabout you send me some of there cuts then nigga
    CD: Btw i will not listen to a band named "dungeon"

Gah, its annoying.

Although CD ended up not really serious, plus he's a mate.

Anyway, didn't really get to the point, but that sorta attitude towards music is the reason alot of good bands don't get big.

EDIT: Oh shit, for discussion purposes, tell us about similar times.

2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Send him to www.dungeon.cd

Then tell him Dungeon was the highest selling LMP band in North America and one of the biggest metal bands in Australian history.

Then tell him Dungeon did a tour with Megadeth at their personal invite playing to tens of thousands of people.

Then tell him he never has and never will be anyone who will do anything like this and his opinion is worth less that a squirt of puss filled shit from the back end of a maggot.

In short, tell him to wake up and/or fuck off.

:)

3. JausmetalJ

JausmetalJ Call Me James

Hahaha, nice one. I wouldn't say that to this guy im talkin to now, but if the chance comes up ill tell the other fucker. :p

4. The Amazer

The Amazer Member

I like being closed minded about a lot of things.

If there's a band I don't want to like, I won't like them. I guess it's arrogance, but hey, it's the truth.

But I will be the first to admit if I TRULY like a song that I normally wouldn't, so I guess I'm open minded in other ways.

5. Crozzy

Crozzy Pork Pouch

Whats wrong with grind!!!

Some good grind bands:

Lymphatic Phlegm
    Torsofuck
    Nunwhore Commando 666
    Phobia
    Circle of Dead Children
    Agathocles
    Alienation Mental
    Catasexual Urge Motivation

If you want me to keep going I will! Grind is the bestest ever!

6. JausmetalJ

JausmetalJ Call Me James

I never said they weren't any good, I just think alot of their names are rediculous, and how anyone who listens to "Torsofuck and Nunwhore comando 666" has any sane mind to determine how a band sounds like by the name of "dungeon or Black Majesty."

Again, sorry if I sound like a fucking cunt, but I have an idea in my head, but I can't write it down properly, so its probably coming out the wrong way.

Don't hate me for it :).

7. Lady Of Winter

You might want to check out Retardor, they sound like early Napalm Death crossed with Planet X! Amazing progressive grind. Also, I think Retardor is a pretty cool name for a grind band :)

8. Crozzy

Crozzy Pork Pouch

Retardor aye... Must check this out..

Yeah, I see what you mean with band names. I love the music, but honestly, the titles are just stupid sometimes.. For Example

Cock Knocker 666
    Violent Headache
    Morguewhore
    Gore Head
    Flight of the Jesus Dog

Seriously? Are the dudes in these bands stoned?! Damn... However, good music...

And Im very close minded in my music... =)

9. The Amazer

The Amazer Member

Violent Headache :lol:

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

Oh my god. "IM IN SO MUCH PAIN RIGHT NOW. I HAVE A HEADACHE. ITS VIOLENT... VIOLENT HEADACHE!!!1!"

10. Lord Tim

Yeah, Retardor is pretty cool actually!

11. FerretallicA

FerretallicA HMAS Slagdestroyer

Vaginal Vampire isn't exactly the most original name for a grind band (eg- Vaginal Holochaust, Vaginal Carnage, Vaginal Blast etc) but they definitely have the best song names. "Tampon Tea Bag" rates highly :D

12. Stupid White

Stupid White Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart

A guy i used to work with on the coast started a grind band called TCRF or "Them Cunts R Fucked"

I'm not a fan of grind at all, but with songs like Gummy Granny, and Wheelchair Wristjob... it's good for a laugh.

13. The Amazer

The Amazer Member

I was in a band and our first album was called

"THE GREAT BARRIER RIFF"

Yep. We win everything.

14. Toby

Toby Cheesegrater Of Chastity

I've only heard very little Nunwhore Commando 666, and I must say it's the worst band I've ever fucking heard, hahaha! I'm thinking I must've heard their worst couple of songs, heh.

15. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

I was gonna call a band "Super Fun Happy Slide" but then realised it's already taken.

Mind you... I am seriously contemplating starting up a power metal piss-take band and calling it "Stratawhovious"

16. Fester

Fester Member

I have a theory that probably doesnt make sense... you see unless you like every piece of music you hear, you are, in some way, close minded... i know my ex band members were trying to turn me onto dream theatre, but all i was into at the time was real classic metal, maiden, priest, and was getting into power, dungeon, helloween, gammaray, but only really sorta traditional metal bands... i always got told i was 'narrow minded', but I decided one day id give their music a try. i go to the bassist, he gives me some DT, i like a few parts of some old songs, but otherwise its no good to me, then he says he's into green day and things i know i dont like, and when i told him i dont like them, he again used the 'your too narrow minded' expression. I came to realise i think this term just gets thrown around too much and is more commonly used to degrade someone who doesnt like your music... is it better to be open minded anyway? :confused: Does one enjoy music more if they are open minded? i dont think so, listen to what you like and if someone reccomends, try it out and give it a chance, but if you dont like it, you dont like it, and thats fine :headbang:

edit: oh and oops the rest of the paragraph doesnt explain the first sentence... oh well i went off track.

17. petrucci_dude

petrucci_dude teh shredz0r

Yeah how about we get back on track here.

James, you're gunna encounter SO many close minded people through your lifetime. Don't bother with them.

18. JausmetalJ

JausmetalJ Call Me James

Hahaha, Thanks for the input mate.

I COMPLETELY agree with you here.

The thing is, with the guy I was talkin to (the first one) wouldn't even give them a chance and listen.

19. JausmetalJ

JausmetalJ Call Me James

So very true, but if they have any liking of metal, Ima try get them into as much Aussie metal as possible.

20. Lord Tim

There's a big difference between being closed-minded (ie: blindly rejecting anything other than what you think is good, regardless of what it is) and being selective in your tastes.

I *hate* 95% of all so-called "power" "metal" bands out there - to me, it's watered down Helloween rip-offs with more in common with ABBA than Iron Maiden.

As much as I respect it, I can't stand Jazz... or most country... or most techno... or most punk....

Is there bands from those genres I like? Sure. But if I was one of these guys who just listens to everything and sees merit in every bit of music, no matter how diverse (or worse, no matter how good or bad) then what does that say about my ability to discern a band I like from another or tell the difference between a good or bad band?

Slagging something off because it's a power metal band or jazz band or prog band is dumb. Slagging something off because of the name or the album cover is dumb. Doing either of those things and commenting on the music and saying you'll never give it a chance because of the name or the image or whatever is the most ignorant closed-minded thing you could ever hope to achieve in your pathetic lifetime.

I'm sure everyone here has seen a cover and laughed at it and expected the album to be shit, or heard the name of a band and gone "uh huh... they sound like they're gonna be 'great' :rolleyes: " - and generally, I'm sure you're right. There's a reason some things are expected. But to blindly dismiss something "forever" because of it without even giving it a go.... very fucking lame.

It's a shame that these kind of people didn't have a problem with air, I'm sure I'd like to see them have so much of a problem with breathing they'd never want to do it again. ;)