This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. MetalFromTheCrypt

Yay! Now I can have Janne call me saucy! :D

2. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

:rofl:

3. MaximHateCrew

MaximHateCrew ~ Needled 24/7 ~

Where can we post questions?

4. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

5. MaximHateCrew

MaximHateCrew ~ Needled 24/7 ~

What the fuck I did try to change my nickname, updated, but still the old one...

6. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

7. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

8. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Dead Man's Hand opens with grand piano and clean guitars and spoken Alexi vocals. I hope it's a worthy Bodom ballad. Roundtrip isn't interesting at all anymore. Strange he didn't mention the fastest ever Bodom song The Days are Numbered, it's promising to be an interesting track. It just seems unfair to steal the title of Bodom's fastest song just by incorporating a fast and simple tempo and a fast and simple riff, so I hope it's got some epic content in it as well.

9. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

i cant remember clearly, but is there even one bodom song with clean guitar? :D

E: From the article:

"Watch for exclusive interviews with Janne Wirman (keyboards), Jaska Raatikainen (drums) and Alex Laiho (vocals/guitars) coming to BW&BK soon."

http://www.bravewords.com/home

10. kilon

kilon I told you!

I for one loved AYDY so this doesn't mean much. But the preview does sound exciting. Dead Man's Hand On You sounds like a whole new dimension for them.

11. MetalFromTheCrypt

After reading that listening party review I'm even more stoked for the new record!

12. (__Joonas__)

I always thought Alexi's own voice would be good for a melancholic yet powerful ballad song.

13. kilon

kilon I told you!

The songs not mentioned in the article are The Days Are Numbered and Transference. Not that this means anything, but whatever.

Also I'm actually pretty happy that Halo of Blood (and Dead Man’s Hand On You) are so different from the rest of the album. It's a great song, but not entirely what Bodom should be like. So great news there.

14. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

I agree. While I liked Halo of Blood, it didn't sound very Bodomy to me. I want more traditional Bodom sounding songs. I did however think his vocals are the best they have ever sounded.

15. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Well there is a clean part in In the Shadows from Something Wild.

16. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

Thinking maybe it might be something like those clean bits and slow songs that Hypocrisy likes doing.

The vocals sound the best they have been. Like HCDR good. RRF is my 3rd favorite Lbum but man the vocals are just not good.

17. kilon

kilon I told you!

That guy from the listening report said some more in the comments:
    I wouldn't mind if there where HCDR-style songs. Something like You're Better of Dead is brilliant.

18. (__Joonas__)

Yeah well RRF was supposed to be their best album but it was their worst. But signs indicate this is a return to the right path. I still have a feeling there will not be an ultra epic melodic metal song like SNBN, instead it will still be in the heavy riffing department but with spices of the original COB. Really none of the songs have been described as OMG THE NEXT SNBN/KTS/Downfall or whatever. But it seems really interesting and I think this time I won't be disappointed! Now just bring forth some track to listen to... Halo of Blood is already a song that satisfies me, it's promising for the rest of the album, but it needs better quality, radio rip is kinda sucky, with the lame fading at the start and end of the song and no proper bass etc. If the rest of the album is as interesting then it will be a juicy album to enjoy over and over again. Timeless ideas and rich soundworld is what we need.

19. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

RRF meantioning as their worst album is based on your personal opinion. SW and BD are definitely worse and RRF is - seen through a guitar players eye - probably more interesting than any other COB album. And again - RRF isn't a bad album. It has the best guitar tone and the best mixing of all albums yet, followed by HCDR (mixing-wise). And it's a fact that many people like AND prefer RRF over any other COB album because of its technical aspect. Think about it ^^
    And to be honest... SNBN is boring as fuck! I don't know why you always mention it. And so is Downfall (LBRH was the winner of the last "best COB song" contest and Downfall was one of their worst...). Downfall has a great opening riff and some good atmosphere in it but that's all. KTS is - at least in my opinion - one their worst songs. It has lame guitar riffs in it, lame solos, lame melodies and no atmosphere.
    And timeless ideas and rich soundworld is not what WE ne, it is just what YOU need. I'm satisfied when I can hear some cool riffs, a good solo, a great mixing and a great guitar tone and I don't give a fuck about atmosphere or great melodies as long as it challenges me in a technical way and is heavy as fuck (I love drop C songs)! That's why I love AYDY and RRF.
    To come to an end - as a guitar player, I'd like to hear songs like AYDY, T,L&S, NMF, Ugly,LB,whole Sinergy...everything with some cool riffs and rythm parts in it. As a listener only, I'd like to hear songs like ETID or Sinergy based songs (of course without Kims ugly voice).

20. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

The reviewer compared All Twisted to Hate me!, that sounds really promising :)

Edit: Arcane, prepare for bitching ;)