This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. baldymort

baldymort Member

Respect your opinion and all but you must be trolling.

2. mrs.bodOm

mrs.bodOm ~Kissing The Shadows~

I'll just pretend I didn't read this :OMG:

3. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I'm not trolling and I think that a shit load of you so called "Bodom fans" are just wanking of KTS because of the solos (nobody cares about the song itself), but not because they are good. Just because they are long. ^^ I've often read it on Youtube that some guys shit in their pants because the KTS solos are sooo faaaaast and guitar/key solo !!!11!11!! and looong... That is really sad because this is really a song where you can hear that it was written in studio, just to have a 9th song.

Even the riffs under the solo are so fucking lame. Every simple garage band could compose better ones.

4. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

+1 to literally everything you just said, couldn't have said it better myself

5. random-x

random-x Member

I for one, am really excited to hear that they're trying out all kinds of things, something totally new and something old school. I think Alexi really had a fresh inspiration for this album. When I read these posts here, I'm actually glad that I don't play any instrument or understand much about playing technically, because now I can concentrate on the feeling that the music gives me. :)

6. baldymort

baldymort Member

From the most recent guitar world
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. MetalFromTheCrypt

I don't really think anything by bodom is lame except most of Blooddrunk. I love KTS not only for the solos but I find it's a great song. Who cares if the riffs playing wise are boring? It's fine.

8. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

Yeah true I can't wait to hear this "experiment" that they did here ;)
    I really dig NMF and SKO and I hope that we will also have some of it also on the new album,26th of april is coming ! sooner than ever actually,in two weeks exactly ,will it be a single ? I just want a legit information cob, please.

9. baldymort

baldymort Member

Possibly my most anticipated Bodom song yet
    [​IMG]

10. mrs.bodOm

I actually love it because it's the very first COB song I listened to, and got me into Bodom in general. And no, I'm not wanking of it because of the long solos and stuff, I think it's great in many ways. Anyway that is your opinion, but don't make assumptions on other fans just because they disagree with you ;)
    And I believe, that all COB albums are great in their own way, old and new.

11. mrs.bodOm

mine too, can't wait to listen to it :)

12. random-x

random-x Member

That's true, they've always had that "something" that has kept the old fans hanging there and the new ones coming. And that "something" is the thing that unites almost all of the fans. The differences come from preferring the certain albums because of the personal feeling they give, at least mostly. I have so far got a good feeling of every CoB album, in every mental state that I can be in, I have a certain CoB album to listen to and get me feeling better. :)

13. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Agreed, this review gave me a great feeling about the album.

What the fucking fuck? RRF is the worst album? You consider RRF better than Blooddrunk? An album with unbearable tone and extremely boring songwriting the band themselves don't even like anymore? And SW is all hyped and epic because it was the first and very cool to be a debut album, but that's not better than RRF. Not by a mile.

Agreed pretty much overal, but dude, lame solos KTS? Sure it's a song wrote around wankery, but the solos are pretty awesome (even if they're not the most technical or variated musically). All the rest absolutely agreed though.

If you took a second to read a couple more posts by him or had spent in here more than couple of days (I'll have to assume you haven't), you'd know he's not. How is he, in your opinion, trolling?

14. baldymort

baldymort Member

When he said that RRF has the best guitar tone and mixing. All his opinions from a guitar players standpoint make sense to me (except for the bit about the tone) as I am also a guitar player, but that is only one of the various elements needed to make a good song/album. While RRF may have some of the most technical riffing, it is severely lacking in other areas. Mediocre production, terrible sounding drums, out of place songs that take away from the atmosphere of the album. Technical playing does not equate to good songwriting. However, seeing as SW is probably my favourite COB album I can see why we have completely differing opinions on the matter haha. I much prefer the neo-classical stuff to the technical riffing.

15. J_H_C

J_H_C deanshredder

This.

RRF is the most technical sure, but so what? It doesn't give the feeling and power than the old ones. Neither did BD, AYDY hardly. And Im pretty sure they'll never have it again.
    So now the only thing to discuss is about technical riffs and all that shit.
    And the Halo Of Blood- song doesn't have good riffs. The sound was more pleasant than the album before, but the song itself was so boring.
    The bottom line is that you dont need technical riffs. Just good riffs.
    Riffs.

16. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

In that case, every post of Joonas must be trolling because his opinion goes over everyones else opinion..^^
    There's always and will always be a discussion about what a song should have to be good. Of course you don't need technical riffs to have a good song - best example is ETID. But I get bored of the old songs (and some new)really fast because I it doesn't make fun to play them on guitar. When I listen to a song which isn't actually "good" in most peoples eyes but has some cool riffing in it, then I rather listen to that song. But that's probaly the nature of (advanced) guitarists. Songs like Trashed, NMF, SK, Ugly and AYDY are a good mix of both. They are technical challenging with some cool riffs but are also melodic and have a good atmosphere.
    Halo of Blood has a good atmosphere too and is really aggressive but as you said - the song itself is boring.

17. kilon

kilon I told you!

Rule #1 of this forum: stating your opinion is trolling.

18. MetalFromTheCrypt

I myself find Something Wild to be the best CoB album. I really like the whole dark atmosphere of the whole thing. I think it had a little spice none of the other albums had, and made it a really special album. It's great. Like that's the only album that I can think of that sounds like that. At all.

19. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

SW has Touch Like Angel of Death, SW wins. Although the best version is on TW anyway :)

20. baldymort

baldymort Member

Totally agree. It's so raw and cheesy as well in the best way possible.