This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Sany

Sany Member

Why he plays the LTD?

2. Norbix

Norbix Member

Nobody should be expecting the HB/FTR songs... the band described it as between the third and fourth, Alexi says it's heavy as fuck, they're incorporating elements of the older bodom and that review explicitly said the album is NOT another HB/FTR.

3. Chamet

Chamet Keepin' it bonzer

That was the most disappointing thing for me about RRF. CoB were one of the very few bands that had absolutely no fillers on their albums, only great songs, but RRF put a stop to that.

4. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

HB, FTR, and HCDR didn't have any filler at all. All three albums flow nicely with one great song after another. After those it has felt that they've put too much work in turning a few songs into great ones and the rest just left over material that wasn't on par. I still enjoy almost all songs, to me the quality of their music is still above 50% of the bands out there but it just hasn't hit that same level as in the past.

5. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

Third and fourth? Nothing wrong with that. I felt they kicked up the intensity with HCDR. Maybe not as melodic as FTR but it makes up with that level of intensity. After HCDR it feels they've wanted to be melodic and intense without fully hitting either.

If it even has a couple songs I can hold to HCDR I'll be beyond pleased.

6. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

HCDR has some epic melodies still like FTR. But it made COB sound superficial and cheap.

There's a clip of the new song in the beginning of the video... it sounds quite peaceful, slow, but there's feeling again. Soundworld is blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0WHD5lZLo&feature=youtu.be

7. Menrorr

Menrorr Member

I got some serious goosebumps from that song, it is the same song alexi and janne were jamming on the video that appeared like ages ago. Good stuff B)

8. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

Hate the vocals.

9. kilon

kilon I told you!

I kinda agree. It doesn't sound like they are that much better. Halo of Blood had better vocals, even though I didn't really like those either. They sound a bit too 'forced' to me.

And I don't really like how the vocals go with the music. It doesn't really fit them melodically and such. But maybe that's a good thing as now I'm lowering my expectations of the album a bit, so things can go uphill from here.

10. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

http://youtu.be/st2DsH6f8c8
    Nuclear blast thingie
    Posted this here, even though it's a interview, but there are snippets of the music.

11. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

At :13 you can hear how that video transitions into the chorus from the other interviews (1:01 from this interview)

#2231 Inceptionist, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  12. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

dont cry/get upset, it's just one part of one song out of 10 :D Though i like those whisky vocals like in RTHAB's verse

E:
    lol :DDDDD are you serious

13. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Yes I think the sound on HCDR is superficial. Of course you have some more atmospheric songs like Angels Don't Kill, Chokehold and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood. The guitar sound isn't too atmospheric so the full potential of Chokehold and Hood aren't brought to light sadly.

The 0:12 - 0:15 part contains some pretty kickass drum fills, listen carefully.

#2233 (__Joonas__), Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  14. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Because he has to promote them and he's not gonna be playing live with one, and his actuals guitars may be back home and not wherever this was filmed. He's done it in all new dvds and stuff, always uses the LTDs or US ESPs.

15. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

Love the new sample that we received even though i hope alexi won't do use his voice like that throughout the entire song and of course the album .
    regardless the vibe does seem to go back .

16. Norbix

Norbix Member

Alexi just said there's more old school bodom but with an updated sound. I don't know, I honestly don't give a shit what the direction is because I'm never dissapointed. Only reason I point these things out is because a lot of people expect a certain sound and then when it's different they automatically pin it as shit.

However, I haven't heard any "BLUE" yet. Everything to me sounds like HCDR and AYDY so far, especially the keyboards. On the earlier albums the keyboards were key to 'atmosphere' but they were mostly mellow and background. All this new stuff the keyboards are very sharp and distinct. Except the verse of Halo of Blood. As for guitars, the lead stuff definitely sounds modern while the rhythm is very surprisingly old school.

17. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

The single is one week away exactly !!

18. baldymort

baldymort Member

Goddamn that sounds so sick. I'll admit the vocals in "you still cry my final goodbyes" bit seemed a bit off on the first couple of listens but the more I listen to it the better it sounds.

19. grenade007

grenade007 New Metal Member

That sample is awesome!! I think the vocals are great, you can actually understand the lyrics clearly too

20. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

I thought the same thing until the video ended again and I played it a second time just to hear the sample at the beginning. The lyrics sounded fine the second time. Vocals sounded much better than RRF. Looking forward to the single!