This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Menrorr

Menrorr Member

In case somebody has been keepin secrets, such as one extra time machine I really think this is the time you reveal your identity. I cant wait anymore!

2. baldymort

baldymort Member

Goddamn that transition to solo in Scream For Silence is dope

3. baldymort

baldymort Member

Verse in WOS sounds fairly Blooddrunky but I'll reserve my opinions till the full song comes out. Fuck I am so keen for this album to drop now.

4. muffinformyrat

5. muffinformyrat

Oh my ... I'm so happy. First tIme since HCDR that don't find myself more or less force to like it just because it's CoB. Seems to be a great album, we defenitly can put this one after HCDR or in between of FTR and HCDR. Thank you COB :cry:

6. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

sooooo goooooood
    I REALLY CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER,I NEED THIS ALBUM RIGHT NOW

7. kilon

kilon I told you!

8. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Sounds great! At the moment I'd put HOB as the worst song judging by what we've heard, and WOS or SFS as the best one. I like all of them though.

HOB is awesome with the aggressiveness, the verse is slightly boring but the chorus and main riff are great.

Transference has great riff and verse, the chorus feels a bit out of place due to being non-evil sounding. The interlude is great.

WOS has the great melody in the beginning of the sample, I won't judge the verses yet.

SFS sounds very different to anything, but it has a nice vibe or something which makes it good.

9. Firen

Firen nothing wild

:err:

Excited for the album more than ever. Trying to remain grounded though.

10. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

WOS sounds like the best melody they've done since Needled 27/7. Holy fuck that preview got me excited.

11. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Sounds interesting and good at first... until:

"I can't help but feel a little twinge of disappointment though. I was expecting something that reaches the high standards of Are You Dead Yet?"

WHAT?

Maybe these are heavily taste matters. Halo of Blood and Transference are already worth half of the whole AYDY album.

They are taste matters, luckily.

12. (__Joonas__)

Oh, new samples...

Waste of skin has the thrashy elements present, but it's got a very Bodomish party melody, kinda old school Bodom vibe, the melody sounds like a scythe swinging party in sleet rain. I don't like the RRF'ish riffing in the beginning, but the melody is nice and then there's orchestral hits and double bass drumming for the verse which is good.

In Scream for Silence... I can recognize Peter's personal voice from the group vocals. :) It's like when you make green juice and you can depart the tastes of ginger, sellery, carrot etc all apart... Very Hypocrisy-like. These vocals are mixed a notch too high unfortunately. But the melodyness of the song is as promised. Party melodies and epic feeling! These are just samples from certain parts of the songs. Listen from 2:27... the riffing is slow and rockish, the melodies have feeling.

I can already tell it's most likely the best album since FTR. The soundworld is for my taste. I can recognize some weaknesses in the songs Waste of Skin and Scream for Silence, hope it's not a bad omen. I hope the epicness is present still when samples of the next songs surface. Just stay the fuck away from the sterile thrashing.

Can't wait for samples of the other songs. Let it be great... So far the album has more sex then RRF would on extacy.

Dang, wish I had this album years ago when I was blasting music under bridges and inside tunnels from my mega-ass ghettoblaster when we partied outdoors... but it's so good the ears of regular people can't process it cos they're used to only shit music.

13. Marowak

Marowak Member

You have the strangest descriptions for music I swear :lol:

14. MaximHateCrew

MaximHateCrew ~ Needled 24/7 ~

I can understand that feeling as I got the same for the HoB song.

And wow! WoS sounds really great, not a song I would only play a few, but some billions times for sure :D

15. akamouzis

akamouzis Member

I must admit that the samples sound really fuckin interesting. but im really trying not to get too excited because between the samples and the full songs a lot can go wrong.
    but i have my fingers crossed

16. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

Wow i can tell wast of skins is just a hate me like! even if i dont like the first RRF-ish past as mentionned joonas. but i will judge after listening to the whole song. (i hated transference chorus melody, but i'm enjoying it now!)
    Scream for silence have some "banned from heaven" vibe. its kinda weird and dark which is not my tast of bodom.

17. Norbix

Norbix Member

This sounds like a less thrashy Are You Dead Yet album with some sinergy spice. Need more songs asap... nothing like new COB music for gyming.

18. Norbix

Norbix Member

Scream for Silence gets pretty EPIC from what you can hear while they're talking in the video. There's definitely some heavy thrash in there that sounds similar to worst parts of roundtrip, though.

19. (__Joonas__)

It's true, Bodom has the heroic energy and malicious aggression and superior techniques that's good for workout music... turn on FTR and you can scoop endless amounts of mental energy from it.

20. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

wos sound like that song.
    for people who dont know solerrain, they play the same bodom style (hcdr)

#2460 Deadman5hadow, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015