This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. chb

chb COB Hate Crew Member

Samples that are out now surely sound different than i at least expected. I need more than this to get a better feeling, but they sure seem promissing.
    Just pre-ordered digi pack n tshirt. Girlie tshirt looks cool too. Hmm wud my ass look too fat in that one ? Lol
    Btw that new tshirt is fcking coool ! Hope they make a tour t on that design !

2. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

To be honest, I couldn't pick out any notable differences between the two, but then again I didn't listen to it more than a few times. If I had to go out on a limb, I would say that the tone is crispier, clearer on the new version.

3. Norbix

Norbix Member

WTF....

I can recall only one person in this thread even mentioning tone recently and according to you "EVERYONE" is freaking out. Seems to me like the majority of the forum is very much digging the samples and pleased.

You should really calm down. Quality of discussion here really sucks lately.

4. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

Also, a good think (or bad) that the band keep mentionning that this or that song have "old school vibe" "black metal" "hatebreeder".. things like that. that shows that they made hard effort to sounds like old days in this album unlike BD and RRF, i remember alexi said on a interview that they never planned to sound like one or another album. but this time i think that was the main direction.

5. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

What?

Quite a bit. I mean, ETID always bugged me a lot because it was waaaay too "sharp", almost screeching, the overall tone. They fixed that pretty good on the Holiday album, you should give it a listen.

Listen to it again, maybe it's me that it pissed me off so much, but to me the change is pretty noticeable.

Then you really haven't read much. Actually, you didn't even read what I said. I said "people", which is not to say everybody, but the sense of the comments has been that, and sorry for not atoning to your preferred wayss of discussion and utilizing a big font to highlight a quite important point that quite some people seem to be forgetting.

6. Norbix

Norbix Member

I actually went back a few pages to reread the posts before I posted because I had no idea what the fuck you are crying about. I even did find command for "tone" and found one comment from Rune stating that the older school tone is a notch better. Maybe you're mistaking "sounds like" for "tone"?

And you definitely said "EVERYBODY would figure this out" and "EVERYBODY is waiting for..", but in reality a lot of posts here specifically acknowledge the fact that they're only hearing samples. And it seems like most people are liking the samples.

This thread was pretty shit for me before any album art/samples came out. But now that there's actually something to discuss, I don't even mind Joonas's posts now. Honestly, I very much understand his interpretation style and appreciate it even if most don't. Colors and metaphors can be powerful descriptions, especially with music.

It's like... I just saw this giant wall of text that didn't make sense and felt compelled to respond, but I shouldn't have because I'm propelling the same hypocrisy!

7. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

that hands man on you is sounding like Sinergy - Razor Blade Salvation especially at solo. may be they would open it up with that acoustic stuffs with grand piano. so its may be the shape of the song

8. Norbix

Norbix Member

Yeah you can definitely hear sinergy-esque stuff in the samples. I mentioned it before on the previous samples. Maybe Roope is doing some solos now and not trying so hard to sound like COB. At least, my impression of his previous COB solos was that he was a little out of his element but made some decent solos.

9. EvilKatarn

EvilKatarn Jaaniöö, Bodomi Öö

THESE*

10. TrashedLostButNotStrungout

TrashedLostButNotStrungout Touches himself at night.

Shh....I'm hunting Grammar Natzis...

But all seriousness, the samples sound amazing. It sounds like I'm the only one who isn't that excited for Your Days Are Numbered. Pumped to hear Scream for Silence, Bodom Blue Moon, and Waste of Skin.

Also, to weigh in on the "tone" arguement. RRF had the single best guitar tone of all the Bodom albums, the crispness of the guitars really caught my ears. This is coming from a guitarist's perspective by the way. HB was not a good tone at all, and Ftr and HCDR were really just average tone wise.

11. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

I love this kind of argument "i say this being guitarist myself", as if there were no shitloads of great, known and respected guitarists with terrible tone. I don't like the RRF tone, moreover I think it's amongst the worst.

12. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Alexi always had shitty tone, I mean on every album, maybe except FtR. He is a great guitarist and writes great songs, that's why we love him, not because of his guitar tone.

13. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

While I like this album a lot, I agree that the tone could be better. Or production. The thing I don't like about RRF is a kind of plastic feel it has.

14. J_H_C

J_H_C deanshredder

Bodom Blue Moon:

Finally something straight-forward and good riffing. Stone-vibe on the verse. This is something they've been missing for a while and Im really looking forward to this!

Your Days Are Numbered:

I first listened the sample and thought this is really bad, but then I listened the stuff beneath the interview and find it very interesting. Not going to judge anything yet.

Dead Man's Hand On You:

Im pretty sure that this is going to be my all-time hating song from Bodom. I was like "thefuck is this". I dont think Im going to ever like this.

15. baldymort

baldymort Member

New interview with Henkka
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl-IDNh3BIQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl-IDNh3BIQ[/ame]

16. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

Acutally I'm pretty sure that if they had mixed Blooddrunk in Follow the Reaper "style" (lot more reverb, thinner drums, less "punch" overall) most of the people who post here would have gone nuts and it would be the FTR#2 for them. Regardless of the riffs.

17. rj rl

The problem with Blooddrunk had nothing to do with it's tone (for me at least), it was super crappy production for which I blame Tagtgren as Hypocrisy '05 had the same issue.

18. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

Well production is a pretty broad term. Has to do with tone in my opinion.

19. rj rl

By tone I mean every aspect of sound musician is responsible of (i.e. guitar/pickup/amp/cab), by production - mainly digital post processing and in our case especially the loudness war, infamous range compression.

20. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

It's all about creativity. Sounds and technical side are just the tool of creativity. I think if Alexi has a vision of certain sound in his compassion, he can usually make it happen. It's strange when some people here compare Bodom Blue Moon with Cry of the Nihilist, I mean the part with slow chuggy riff, maybe it looks same on paper, but CotN sounds like shit and BBM sounds incredibly creative.