This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Norbix

Norbix Member

These songs don't sound like I expected at all. Bodom Blue Moon has that back and forth heavy to cheery see saw going on, but that chorus melody is lacking a little bit. I like it a lot, though. It's really, really good but JUST off from being amazing. I might change my mind after more listens. Surprisingly, your days are numbered is the song that's stuck in my head. Those chords are just catchy as hell, especially that simple chord progression with keyboard ambiance. It sounds like a shit song on the first listen but it grows on you quite quickly. Another song that's very good but not quite great. That pop'y chorus sort of kills the mood when it comes on.

2. predator2353

predator2353 Member

Loved the song from the get go. Pretty fuckin awesome I gotta say. It's a mixture of many bodom songs when you think about it, but that's what makes it good.

3. akamouzis

akamouzis Member

imo i must say that already this album far exceeds the last 2 albums. it already has more songs than the other albums that i really like, and i usually like very single song from every album. hopefully the rest of them are at least as good. even YDAN which is supposedly a filler is a solid track.

4. Norbix

Norbix Member

Alexi's vocals are really good in BBM. It saves chorus from that weird guitar playing. Distinguishable words would've helped a ton.

5. Marowak

Marowak Member

Good to see YDAN growing on some people. I agree that it was underwhelming on the first listen, but it's got good replay value. It reminds me of Batman for some reason.

6. Altitudes

Altitudes Stay Frosty

Bodom Blue Moon is fucking rad. That chorus melody that is played in unison with the keys is so damn cool. The songs ties back to intro melody very well.

The Days Are Numbered is a nice throwback to their earlier work while retaining their sound from RRF. Nice mix of blackened and thrash riffs, with a well composed solo. Overall pretty impressive.

Halo of Blood has COB's most black metal sounding riffs. Tremolo picking and pure evil and aggression. This was a nice surprise, and probably is one of the best tracks on the album.

Transference, while being a solid track, is too repetitive and frankly sounds like a left over track from FTR. Highlight of the song was the dual guitar interlude with the phaser effect. Nice throwback to their older material.

(side opinion: Dead Man's Hands is laughably bad. Alexi trying to sing with his Finnish accent in a low key just doesn't work. Maybe once I hear the whole track I will change my mind)

I really wasn't expecting much with COB these days, but I have heard Alexi has cleaned up his drinking habit and stop being such a fucking drunk. That is so great and I think it shows in these new tracks. I know he'll never be straight-edge (if he does, I can give him some words of encouragement HA!) but focusing your career on being the best at what you do should come before drinking. Anyway, I don't expect this album to be Hatebreeder/FTR pt.II or even top 3 COB albums, but this will definitely be better than the last two albums.

7. Woffer

Woffer Member

8. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

TDAN is quickly becoming my favorite song from what we have heard of this album. Going to go back and listen to BBM a few more times now.

9. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

Listen to BBM and go back and listen to Bodom After Midnight or Chokehold. Really the style is pretty similar. I'm really loving these new songs. Definitely better than their last 2-3 albums.

10. ZOMG_A_COW

ZOMG_A_COW Testicle Inspector

Lol yeah I actually pre-ordered it off the COB site (which was dumb 'cause I had to pay $70) but I'm sticking with that order as opposed to the North American store because I like the white T-shirt more lol

11. aimfailz

aimfailz Member

haha, if you only like white hob t-shirt :D. i wonder how much will cost hob in my country's local stores :D

12. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

OT: i just noticed, you have cool occupation :D

13. baldymort

baldymort Member

Just got through the first listen. Pretty fucking awesome but I can see this being the biggest grower of all of their albums. Some of the leads are so weird and hard to take in on the first listen. Standout tracks would have to be BBM, TDAN, DMHOY and AT. 1:40 in AT is easily the greatest thing COB have written since HCDR. Sounds straight out of FTR/HB. Also, the production is up there with FTR.

14. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

Goosebumps on All Twisted 1:06 :D Chorus at 1:50 reminds me A LOT from downfall, fast doubles and melody over it

15. Rune

Rune Member

One Bottle And A Knee Deep <3
    Better album than all the three latest albums, but lacking more epic melodies over the riffing. Still veeery good.

16. baldymort

baldymort Member

Yeah man I've had it on repeat for a while now. Easily the standout track for me.

17. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

Indeed, my favorites yet (Not in order):

Waste Of Skin
    The Days Are Numbered
    All Twisted
    Damaged Beyond Repair
    One Bottle And Knee Deep

18. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

Don't speak bullshit, you can't just admit to your hatebreeding soul it's good track :D

19. Rune

Rune Member

I actually like every song on the album, but I think there is no absolute epic killer hit on the album. But a huuuge step forward to only liking about 2-3 songs an album.

20. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

That's easily the best Bodom album for me. That album is a killer!
    Too bad there's no outstanding solo. All are ok but nothing more. Still better than all BD solos