This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. InvisibleByNight

InvisibleByNight Totally Fucking Dead.

2. Richard W

Richard W Seriously losing it, bro

The digipak/shirt combo is mailed as a letter.

3. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

It's the vocals that will forever give COB this stigma that prevents them being one of the biggest bands. Musically these bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica are bullshit compared to them. But no other vocals would fit COB's music. In a way it's cool to love a band that's hated by most people, but on the other hand it's always annoying to hear senseless critique. But I actually think right now their stage and show is simply so good it can't be hated by anyone, people are just looking with intrigue thinking "oh well that's actually quite interesting". The falsely set, self-deluding prejudice is breakable and possible to turn around when you do shit correctly; people will actually deem with their own eyes and ears and forget for a while the poisonous, negative image of COB portrayed to them by their friends. It's easy to convince people something is good or bad, but it's hard to convince them they were fooled. It's ridicilous but most of the people who have this negative attitude towards COB will be nowhere near their stage when it's on, but from the borders or the stage their brains will register these quickly flashing, positive musical ideas and make them think "huh, wait a minute... that didn't sound bad." Is it enough to change their whole anti-COB belief system, I don't know. As long as they keep getting these big venues I'm happy.

4. baldymort

baldymort Member

"Musically these bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica are bullshit compared to them."

Dude that is such a fucking stupid thing to say. Bodom wouldn't be around if it wasn't for these guys.

5. Marowak

Marowak Member

The imagery, in addition to their updated sound on Halo of Blood, has shifted into something people can't make fun of so easily. A forum friend of mine from Canada posted this when he got home from the record shop.

6. Norbix

Norbix Member

This kind of shit annoys me. When it comes down to it, you're all fans equally. Same people buying albums and concert tickets.

7. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

cool little story :)

8. _Jari

_Jari New Metal Member

WHERE... IS.... CRUEL SUMMER? It's starting to look like it has been never even recorded.

9. Marowak

Marowak Member

I want to know too. I hope it wasn't canned or anything.

Isn't that the one Jeff Waters guest solo'd on?

10. MetalFromTheCrypt

Are you kidding me? Megadeth back in the day (1985-1992) had much better song writing than CoB. Same thing with guitar work, yes Alexi may have a more technical edge than Dave Mustaine, but Alexi is also much more sloppy! Also Rust In Peace has much better solos than any CoB album .Not to mention Marty Friedman > Alexi in pretty much every aspect. Though I do like Alexi's material more personally, just Marty>Alexi IMO.

11. mutran

mutran Mutran

Just bought Halo of Blood <3

12. ZOMG_A_COW

ZOMG_A_COW Testicle Inspector

JUST RECEIVED MY DVD/T-SHIRT PACKAGE. The white shirt is EPIC. Definitely going to be reppin' Bodom as much as possible :D

13. Firen

Firen nothing wild

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant the recent material from those three bands have been utter crap.

I think Laiho has Friedman's talent in terms of pure ability but Friedman was just more creative and interesting in his work back in the day. Recent Friedman however...Tornado Of Souls. That being said, I very much enjoy them both as they are just different styles of guitarists!

14. Marowak

Marowak Member

This > Megadeth

:danceboy:

#3374 Marowak, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  15. J_H_C

J_H_C deanshredder

Megadeth has been pure shit since Rust in Peace. (ok the next two weren't so bad) COB has also that "5 good albums"-dilemma. But as far as for guitar playing Marty is an incredibly musical and unique player, and much less technical than Alexi.
    Alexi is also creative and has very good stuff, but you can hear his influences straight from his playing. Marty build up his own stuff.
    And I dont know what the fuck happened with Dave Mustaines riffs!? I heard Super Collider and vomited my hopes for good Megadeth.
    In 2013 I can say:

COB> Megadeth
    Alexi< Marty

16. HLiNa

HLiNa Member

I never got that Marty's picking technique... it looks like his wrist is 'ALL TWISTED' (could not resist). But it the end.. it does not matter as he seems comfortable like that. :D

17. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Yes and no. They inspired them to pick up their instruments. That's all they did. Any other big band would've done the trick, and it still doesn't mean their music is not below COB's. Sure they all have all time classics, but no album from any of those bands can really stand side by side with Bodom's best work. Sure, Master Of Puppets, Rust In Peace, Countdown To Extinction or Reign In Blood are great albums, but give me FTR or HCD over any of them any day of the week.

What the fucking what? Megadeth have some classics, cool, but what does that have to do with them having better songwriting? The Trooper is a classic, and the songwriting is boring. Master Of Puppets it's a classic, yet it's mainly 4 riffs repeated over and over again for 8 minutes.
    Same aplies to Megadeth. Tornado Of Souls is great, but give me an album that can stand side by side with e.g. FTR and not pale in comparison, as in have no fillers. Nope, there is none.
    And don't get me started on the soloing. Marty Friedman is an incredible guitar player, and has done great things (most of them actually outside Megadeth), but the soloing on pretty much any Bodom album is, at the least, level with Megadeth's, be it with Friedman or with Broderick or with whoever you want.

18. Villanueva

Villanueva Member

Better as in harder to play? Then yes, Bodom wins. Better as in more enjoyable? Then it depends on who you ask. It's much like saying that blue is a better color than red.

19. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

I never understood it either, I have no idea how he could possibly mute strings or play clean at all but oh well :lol: And after playing all these years to not even hurt his wrist either, I don't get it.

Laiho is better than Marty from a technical standpoint, there's no doubt about that. But, I would say Broderick is still better technically than both. Songwriting wise Alexi is better though so my vote goes for Bodom.

E: Speaking of Megadeth, the new album apparently sucks

20. Firen

Firen nothing wild

Side note : I find Broderick incredibly boring to watch live for some reason...he just seems so rigid compared to Marty. That being said, you're right that he is a technical beast.