This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Norbix

Norbix Member

I think the subjects in Alexi's head are cooking, wine, fine dining...

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I'd really like a Bodom album that's dark, electric, creative, melodic-black-industrial-death metal, like shit that brings together people who listen to cyber punk and people who listen to Moonsorrow and 90's metal. I listen to that album and I discover myself thrown in the haunting shadow of spruce trees while stars gaze at the show of me being preyed on by red eyes in the dark. There's a flying saucer in the background emitting vibrant lights, while this goblin jumps screaming in my back, I grab the motherfucker's hair and burn that bitch in the campfire as he begs for mercy only to find my knife deep in his guts as they fly all over the place. My eyes meet the mocking full moon as I lick the blood off my hand and the orchestral hit wakes every fucking bird at ten miles range.

3. MattK

MattK Member

I hope they went with the same guy who did HOB for the next album cover, hopefully it is as good as the last

4. nunofrg

nunofrg Member

they should make a full britney spears cover album this time and dress roope as britney and in the back the rest of the band dressed as trees and butterflies in the cover of the album. would be fucking metal as fucking fuck

ok seriously i hope something metal in your face like are you dead yet but with choruses like scream for silence (this one means so much to me)

5. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Nice try...

6. (__Joonas__)

Nice try indeed, it would seem I'm beyond professional help.

7. (__Joonas__)

So I had 3 ideas for artwork:

1) ghosts and mist
    2) moon, tunnel and teenage murder gang
    3) dystopic city underworld

Will they listen and adopt some of this or will they come up with something even more interesting? Curious to see, what kind of artwork they have, album title, song titles, sound, etc. I'm just hoping for something dark and creative, like Bodom's gothic album. Most important thing is it's epic, of course.

I would say the most epic Bodom album I can imagine now includes a haunting full moon and a perilous gang of ghostly pale teenage killers in the Reaper's shadow, those who followed the Reaper and stayed eternal victims to the unholy Lake, in other words those who relied in the dark comfort of alcohol for too long until losing their souls.

8. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

2deep4me

9. (__Joonas__)

New artwork idea... what do you think?

Late summer evening with rainfall, from ground view, bunch of teens messing around in the yard. Remote side of a house with an old, seemingly forgotten skull hidden in a dark corner, implying to the victims of the heinous lake. Shadow of the Reaper watching the youth play. Nestled in close proximity to the skull, rocks, small window to a basement, dusty, broken bottles, and buried in sand and stained with rust lies something... a switchblade. Eventually you realize the normal object is the lost, infamous murder weapon, cast aside and forgotten for decades. This gives a sensation that the danger might lurk closer than you think, and the killer might still live among us, as a grumpy old man, the Reaper serving as his psychotic vision that's guiding him, whispering to repeat his unholy deeds. These teens clearly have no idea whose yard they're screwing around in. You see grayish blue dirt with rain falling over the skull, bottles and knife, behind the corner a group of drinking dudes.

10. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

^

11. Rune

Rune Member

So drums are done, shouldn't there be any bass and guitar updates by now, since they go on tour in June I guess the album should be done by May, or at least most of it? When do you guys think it will be out?

12. MattK

MattK Member

A September release would be my guess

In other news, I am becoming Joonas. I had a dream about the new COB album.... There was a photo of the band where they were all wearing bright-red blindfolds and the there was a warm orange sun-glow and luscious green vegetation.

13. (__Joonas__)

They were so blinded by the sun of the paradise their eyes bled? Or they had a veil of depression making it impossible to see the paradise?

14. MattK

MattK Member

You're good at this.

15. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

:lol: I once had a dream about them when we were still waiting for RRF. We'd already heard the samples from SKO and I was really thinking it'd be something like HB or HCDR, and had a dream about a new song which also sounded very HB-ish. Melodic and epic etc. Can't remember whether I ever mentioned it here, though.

I also think a September release could be possible. Or October.

16. (__Joonas__)

I've had dreams when I'm suddenly playing live with COB replacing their bassist, rhythm guitarist or keyboardist, and intuitively know exactly how to play, it was cool.

17. Rune

Rune Member

How old are you guys, rock-stardom is past most of us anyways! :p
    I still miss updates from Bodom, and I really want to hear a demo or a clip by the end of may beginning of June.
    It's kind of why I hate about Nuclear Blast, their promotion is only for their big guns and that's the way its always been.

This silent mode could also be something positive, they weren't that forward about the three first albums, most was kept a secret except the first single (which was almost always a well recorded demo version) and released months before album, but I kind of miss the COBTV stuff....

18. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

19. Others? I remember Joonas saying "We need more 14 year olds to keep up the discussion" the exact day I turned 15 back when we were still waiting for RRF :lol:

19. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

21, damn RRF feels like it was not too long ago, but 4 years have gone by. Time just flies

20. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

31. I'm old