This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

I won't even go into my opinions about this band just because it's the same things that have been said 1,000's of times throughout this forum and countless other places. That's my point actually. Why argue the same thing non-stop? This place has easily became one of the most annoying fanbases ever in recent years.

2. Rune

Rune Member

Try visiting a Guns N' Roses forum, you'd be amazed :p

3. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

^You visit a Guns and Roses forum? :lol:

The reason I'm taking this with affection is because I was 14-16 when I was listening to Follow the Reaper with a couple of friends as teenagers enduring hard tenure in life and relieving things by having beer parties at the summer house lake listening to this album, sometimes having tremendous fun, other times talking about suicide, so it's grown something nostalgic, symbolic etc for me and I can't bear how the band has discarded the original idea they were about cos it was great. Rebellious teenagers doing alcohol and selling their souls to the Reaper to gain salvation only to end up imprisoned in the unholy lake. Then it's like "whiskey and chicks and fuck everybody else."

I want some lakes, burning churches and Reapers running in the woods, Satan worshipping, northern lights, teenagers with knives, demons... anything with mythological horror feel that builds on the original vision. When you think of RRF musically, the artwork couldn't have been any better. Bet when you let the music and artwork collaborate, I'd have a lake in the background instead of a city, first of all... I wouldn't mind if the next artwork was black-purple and included the Reaper presenting the passage to the other side revealed in a burning Lake Bodom in the shadows of trees. I'd love something symbolic and mythological like this, but that's just my taste and you may all disagree. I love iconic artworks on cult-CD's that are suitable even for tattoos.

4. Rune

Rune Member

Yeah, I used to, before I realised that it was a total loonhouse! I'm a huge fan of the old stuff at least.

5. (__Joonas__)

I never listened to Guns n Roses but I heard they only made one good album (the 1st) and never managed to put together a good album since.

6. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

"four new songs written ... new album gonna be released next April/May"

#566 sleeper666, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  7. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Never liked Pistols N' Posies.

To everything else that was posted since that conversation.... *sigh*

Well, not you sleeper, mostly just the typical Joonas rant.

8. (__Joonas__)

Only 4 songs done? Rright.

9. HLiNa

HLiNa Member

Which doesn't have to mean that they are thrashy-shitty. Let's hope, that they will take their time with each song and make it perfect, that's all we can do.

10. (__Joonas__)

Sometimes a song can be good when done fast, cos it's more likely to come from the heart, as opposed to 'routine.' This happened with Kissing the Shadows at least. But given the lack of composing-from-the-heart on the last album, I think it will most likely result in a bunch of fillers. I can only be surprised positively this time, for sure. The first songs aren't always the best anyway (as proven with Smilex as first song composed for Blooddrunk), but the advantage is there's more time to listen to the song and improve details during time. I think 4 great songs is the minimum for a solid COB album, while the rest have to be good. Having 4 good songs and 5 fillers is not enough. But it's not about the time, it's about Alexi's mindset.

11. doubleteam

doubleteam Custom User Title

I hope they won't sell out and start letting anyone else, including their customers, to dictate their artistic direction. I hope they'll make RRF pt.2 if only to piss you off. In the end, haven't they always enjoyed pissing off emotionally over-invested, nostalgia-clouded fans like you, with the Britney cover etc? Man I'm gonna laugh at your ugly face if another RRF style record comes up. Nobody tells Alexi what to do.

12. ZOMG_A_COW

ZOMG_A_COW Testicle Inspector

Lay off Joonas. He speaks his mind and he's pretty blunt, yeah, but there's usually understandable reasoning to what he says, and the majority of the time, he's at least partially right. I'm sure he's not "telling Alexi what to do" either (I can also guarantee you that Alexi probably doesn't care either), just trying to explain what he thinks happened to the band as a whole that might have changed their sound. I've read a lot of his posts and he definitely has his points.

13. jurgens

jurgens Children Of Decadence

Not so big surpries for me. COB now exists for 15 years, but not once they have visited Baltic countrys which are so fkin close to Finland. I know it's our promoters fault etc. but don't make so stupid surprises, it hurts my feelings...

14. Chamet

Chamet Keepin' it bonzer

Just gonna save you guys some time...from the day I started posting here Joonas has been a weird, never-stops-talking-shit, kind of guy, and no matter how many times you tell him to shut up, he won't. Just add him to your ignore list and move on.

15. (__Joonas__)

Whatever you say won't change the fact I'm the most interesting user here, and that's because I make cataclysmic statements and am able to back them up, which will naturally anger or upset a margin of people... if it didn't, then I'd not be saying anything worthwhile, that's just how the world works.

I will probably ask the mods to remove my account. I wouldn't necessarily want to, since this is a nice place for chit chat, but I have a certain project of my own underway and this forum is eating my time, everyday I waste a portion of creativity here. I'd like to remove my profile, but when I think about it, it would feel like I erased the evidence of myself ever being a Bodom fan.

16. doubleteam

doubleteam Custom User Title

So the resident forum narcissist strikes again. Sure, ask the mods to remove your account and throw a drama tantrum like that because this forum is all about you and nobody else. Also please tell us more of that project of yours. It must be something awesome because it's Joonas' project! No, wait, I might actually like to take that back...

17. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

18. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There aren't enough faces I can put there to possibly express how I feel after having read that.

Good?

19. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: What an idiot:lol:

20. mutran

mutran Mutran

I don't want Joonas to leave.
    I want him here to see his opinion on the forthcoming album.