This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I'm unimpressed and I don't care until you surprise me with your input on the musical discussion. Call me whatever you want, I'm too mature to fight on things this small.

Of course, it's clear you would never philosophize the next Bodom album, you're here just to lift you internet ego by arguing with Joonas.

2. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

But you ain't mature enough to leave me completely unnoticed. There's no point in discussing about CoB's music here because everytime someones opinion differs from yours, you just go like "NO IT'S ABOUT TREES" and the same shitstorm that's been plaguing this board for several years now starts all over again.

3. hauta

hauta Tengo mucho sueño -_-

xixixi :D
    Jesus. I've been out of here for such a long time and absolutely nothing has changed :lol: GIMME A HUG! :Smokin:

4. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

[​IMG]

Ok no ;__; *hug*

5. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

At least Joonas is trying to keep this thread somewhat alive. After all this is a thread for speculation etc. I mean, who knows what the band has in store for us?
    I just wish we could turn down the negativity here, it would make reading these threads a lot more enjoyable.

6. (__Joonas__)

This forum has been for years about me contributing to the discussion and others whining like girls and trying to insult me to the point of nerve breakdown. But it's the only COB forum so what can you do. If the next album sucks too then I'm out for sure.

7. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I wish you had said this in 2003

8. Norbix

Norbix Member

I don't even think you know what you want anymore. You're praising AYDY nowadays and now you like songs like one day you will cry. That's a complete 180 from your usual gospel.

To be honest, I think you're just a sucker for background keyboard. AYDY is when of the most trashy and non atmospheric songs COB has written.

9. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

BUT YOU FORGOT THE NON-EXISTANT KEYBOARDS ON THE CHORUS!! TRUST ME, THEY ARE THERE![/joonas]

Stop doing these sig-worthy posts, someday I might have to erase my current one if you go on like that!

10. (__Joonas__)

No it isn't that easy, it takes more for atmosphere than to just lay a keyboard background. The riffs during the verses of AYDY are atmospheric, even tho you technically wouldn't believe it, while some lame keyboard backgrounds aren't. It's all about doing it with feeling and vision. And the chorus has a key background live that sounds good, while on the album it's the most horrible creation of the band so far. The song is very good otherwise, especially the intro and outro, pure magnificence, particularly during Alexi's long screams. It would be awesome if they managed to make something as good again.

I always loved songs 1, 2, 4 (and some of 5) off AYDY or at least thought they had immense potential but sadly the genious keyboard ideas they portray live are mixed down or nonexistent on the album (making those certain parts actually sound bad), which is sad cos those parts are some of the most climatic the band ever made. I'm talking about basically the intro of Punch Me I Bleed, and the chorus which failed to capture any feeling on the studio, and the verse keyboards of LDB which were probably added for occasional live use later on, and the absolutely orgasmic LDB chorus keyboards which I've heard being portrayed more distinct on live outings and for example Mitch's backing track, and of course the AYDY chorus. While on the other hand I think the interlude melody of LDB should have the keyboards mixed almost completely down and the lead guitar mixed on top, to sound much cooler - the acoustics also sound like it's being played in a box instead of a mountain top. The intro lead keyboard should also be more low profile. Otherwise I don't like the album.

11. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Wtf?!?

Wtf?!?

Wtf?!?
    Wtf?!?
    Wtf?!?
    Wtf?!?

12. (__Joonas__)

I think what we know by now is...

1) There will probably be two song titles with 'Bodom' in it.

2) The music is described as dark. The way it was before Matt Hyde wanted it to sound American, or particularly dark even compared to Blooddrunk?

That's all there is, and the album songwriting is almost done by now.

13. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

I don't think that this affects songwriting in any particular way, excluding lyrics. Also, I seriously hope that 666xXxWildChildxXx666 won't force himself to make two "Bodom songs" because that would be just fanservice and it probably isn't something he would like to write about. It's not like I would really care about CoB's lyrics but I don't want the shit I listen to be complete fanservice. Also the so-called "Bodom theme" isn't any longer relevant in their music and lyrics, so why the hell should they try to forcefully make two "Bodom songs"? If the songs turn out to be complete shit, then everyone would buttravaged because "the band has raped the legacy of bodom-songs". Seriously I think they should really leave the lake-theme and all that kinda shit behind. Why? So they wouldn't completely rape our golden memories about first three albums which actually included trees and lakes with something completely commercial thrash metal-shite which has the "TREES AND LAKES INCLUDED" label on the cd case, a label that also turns out to be nothing more than empty promises.

14. (__Joonas__)

I wholeheartedly agree, first of all it's stupid to want songs with Bodom titled in it... which makes me hope Alexi was joking about adding more this time, since it doesn't change anything. Already Bastards Of Bodom was a parody. I laughed so hard when the RRF song titles were announced and somebody cried about it. Must've been the same post the band noticed.

There used to be epic songs with 'Bodom' in it... like SNBN. If they can make that songwriting again I don't really care what they call the song. The cries for the past are all about the feeling and the epic songs. I don't honestly even care so much about their theme, I just want some great music. Right now I'm hoping for some melodic black metal and industrial keyboards influenced Bodom with all the good spices of the old days. I also have a suggestion: I think Alexi shouldn't try to sing like the old days, instead he should make some raspy and silent vocals this time for an interesting change, and occasional screams. Because when he tries to maintain a thorough screaming it doesn't work, so the vocals should be something like I suggested and then he could put actual effort into the occasional screams.

15. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

Jaska's update today:

"One month and I will be in the studio recording drums for the new album! Can't wait. Quite soon I will start to be more and more anxious and start to stress about everything. I know it will be ok but still. More and more exercise and practising alone plus band rehearsals. Positive stress is welcome now!"

16. (__Joonas__)

Can you guys get a feeling they're creating another epic cult-spawning album like Follow the Reaper or Hatebreeder? Me... no. I'd just think if they were excited about the songs they'd tell about it. I'm now in the mindset they're releasing a dark sounding Bodom album... but if it's something as atrocious, retarded, dumbed down as Was It Worth It was, then... Let's see, still some 4 months away from hearing first sample. At least it would be interesting if for once a band didn't hype their newest album the best. Last time they just kept zipped about the album, until the marketing period started.

17. predator2353

predator2353 Member

Are people actually listening to RRF? The next album is gonna blow even harder. Nothing has changed on this forum. MOOOOOOOOAR DRAMA!

18. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I only listen to RRF for months because I can't hear the old stuff anymore. I have like 1000 clicks on NMF, Ugly and SK in my player I think

19. (__Joonas__)

The best thing about NMF is the first few seconds when that magical live intro ties together with the song, I can see an inferno of flames when listening to it, pyros licking through the eyesockets of skulls, and the hihats or whatever are very creative - the first seven seconds. After that, the song transcends into something that frighteningly reminds of thrash and then come the horrendous vocals. A few nice melodies and riffs here and there and a flashy guitar solo, but the overall thrashyness is the curse that spoils the song. The worst thing is the pre-chorus with the thrashy slamming and group shouts. I'd also prefer the first chorus melody without vocals, then go with another one with the vocals. Also I think the intro riffing that carries through the song should have maybe some choir background too cos it's just too boring otherwise. And the usual problem with this album, there's no interesting background for the solos so it's just *sigh*. So if I made this song I'd create a better pre-chorus and apply the other things I mentioned. The only vocal part that I particurly enjoy is this 4:28 - 4:32 because it somehow gels with the music. The band would probably think who's this annoying gay nerd little bitch trying to improve our art... I'm not saying I could do better, but it's just my personal ideas always as one fan on where they could still improve in striving for perfection.

#699 (__Joonas__), Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  20. Habsburgs

Habsburgs Member

i think youre autistic bro :err: seriously, a sane, normal person just doesnt end up in a COB forum, with 7,000 posts, writing about trees, red, blue and eyesockets.
    You know, i rarely even listen to music, but whenever i see something about COB or see them in my music library im reminded of this weird, creepy, autistic guy and im like.. eeeeew no, no no.. i dont wanna listen to whatever that weirdo listens to.
    Youre actually hurting the band... thats pretty cool