This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Otherwise what happens?

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

The world has to endure three more years of me preaching about lakes and trees. No honestly, if this one blows too, I'll give up. I'll still voice my opinions and all that, but rather than annoying people by telling what COB should do I'd rather write a novel... But I still have hope for this album, the only way it can blow more than the last album is if they start doing more WIWI type songs and stuff like the intro of RRF. If it's as good as Blooddrunk in terms of songwriting then I'm happy. If it's as good as FTR then I'll go fucking nuts. However another RRF would make me feel empty.

3. Spike28

Spike28 Member

4. FAITHKILLER

FAITHKILLER MorningStar

My prediction is that this album will be something different from their recent works. I think the RRF recording period was the period that can't be compared to other albums. they went through a phase that needed to do something like that and I understand it. but this time I think (although it's soon to judge) we're getting something new.

5. BazsiBazsi

BazsiBazsi Member

I think they taking this serious for the first time. Last time they said it will be the best album (hurrdurr) and they made a really big hype, but now its all silent, so its gonna hit hard once it comes out.

6. (__Joonas__)

Actually it was the same silence last time. People thought it means either it's great or it's not very good. Only when the album was pretty much done they started shouting how great it is. But then it turned out to be fluke, in most people's opinion. I'm pretty sure I'll like this one more than RRF.

7. FAITHKILLER

FAITHKILLER MorningStar

I really wish if they could use Peter Tagtgren as producer...much better than using a thrash producer. Peter is just awesome.

8. (__Joonas__)

Yeah... except Hypocrisy sounds more thrashy these times than they did around when COB made Follow the Reaper in the Abyss studio, and Hypocrisy made The Arrival... I don't think COB are using a producer now, but I think they should use someone who is really creative with atmosphere in melodic black metal bands... However, I don't think Peter had too much influence in the music. Around those years many bands made cold-sounding albums, Hypocrisy, Bodom, Norther... maybe it was a trend, I dunno.

9. FAITHKILLER

FAITHKILLER MorningStar

I don't know to what extent Peter is involved in the process of writing the material. but damn he does a good sound job on the albums he works on.

just to name some of them:

Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant

Immortal - At the Heart of Winter

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper

Rotting Christ - Khronos

Shining - Angst, självdestruktivitetens emissarie

Hypocrisy - The Arrival

Septicflesh - The Great Mass

these were just some examples to show how awesome he is in making an album sound heavy and relevant to the material and the band itself.

Seth from Septic Flesh did state in the bonus DVD of their latest album that Peter played an important role in the heavy sound and he brought the mass of death.

10. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

They should use someone else for a change. I'd say Andy Sneap, that guy is awesome.

11. (__Joonas__)

I watched something on him and he talked about many bands having no vision of the overall product, how an album should sound like, and then end up with a mess. That's something I think is true and applies also to different songs on an album. I think COB has used certain songs on albums to determine the perfect sound for that song, and use the exact same for the other songs as well, which hasn't worked so well for the other songs. This is just my theory. I think songs that determined the sound for the respectful albums were such as Everytime I Die and In Your Face, then you have some songs on Hatebreeder and HCDR which sound perfect and others that would sound better with a different soundworld... songs that have a bit wrong sound on the albums are Mask of Sanity and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood, for example...

12. EndlessWhore

EndlessWhore Member

Hate to say it Joonas but if it's anything like the last album, Blooddrunk, Are you Dead yet, or even Hatecrew Deathroll then I will endure the music but it won't reach me like the first 3 did. I know it is pretty ridiculous to think COB is going to revert to a style they had more than 10 years ago but there is always a chance. The first step in the right direction was re-signing with nuclear blast. Maybe Alexi will tap into his inner Mozart again and make a badass dark evil and awesome sounding album like the first 3 were.

13. (__Joonas__)

Here's hoping. Then they come out with another WIWI and your world is crushed.

RRF is just the typical hammering sound. It's a rock sound but lacks the feeling of rock music. Metal sound should be more atmospheric, or at least have some aggressive cool riffs. Yes it's got the wacky (yet slow) COB'ish technicality, but this certainly isn't getting them a new cult or legion of crazy fans and screaming girls. That's what they should aim for.

You all know what it's down to... Bring on the epic songwriting, pure aggression and atmospheric melodicy. I just personally don't think the creativity in the last album is enough for a band that made FTR and all those albums. They should've taken me for producer, I just wouldn't know what the fuck to do it the studio other than drink coffee and throw Jaska's drum sticks around. But the artistic vision of the album I hope is there this time.

14. BazsiBazsi

BazsiBazsi Member

Hey guys, I don't if anybody noticed but everytime a new album came out it was different than the others...
    So we cannot really compare them like "I hope it will be like the FTR or AYDY", but we can hope fore some juicy solos and brutal growls :D

15. Sany

Sany Member

[​IMG]

16. (__Joonas__)

True, I want some brutal fucking growls and animal vocals. No more immature vocals/lyrics stuff plz. Vocals is the easiest thing where they can improve massively.

17. (__Joonas__)

I think it would turn the world upside down if COB turned back to being Children Of Bodom and took the stage with a new song that included melodies like this that express emotions of hopelessness, joy, heroism and despair all at once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvsn1KO1IDg

18. BazsiBazsi

BazsiBazsi Member

Towards Dead End is an incredible and unique song I don't think they can even create one more song like that... but there is still hope

19. Sany

Sany Member

[​IMG]

20. BazsiBazsi

BazsiBazsi Member

nevermind

I dont know if it has been posted here but months ago Jaska wrote this:

(September 23)
    Seems like it will be black for sure :headbang: