This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Marowak

Marowak Member

Jaska said he couldn't give the name either, so I guess they're not allowed or something...

2. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

Even if he's already decided on the album title, and maybe he hasn't yet, there's no way that Alexi would reveal it at this stage, or in this kind of 'interview'; it's just not how he rolls

3. Lussi

Lussi Member

It's been a whie since my last post. I havent listen to their music much for the past 2 years now. I dont know much of their last album, it didnt get me excited. Let's see with the new one ;)

4. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Alexi even said he's not allowed to tell it at this point.

Somehow I have a pretty clear picture of how this album will be like. I will be surprised if it is something different. For example if there suddenly was an artwork with a forest and the album began with an epic guitar melody and solo or whatever... I'd be surprised.

5. Rune

Rune Member

In recent years, Alexi's been writing most of his lyrics in studio, and since the album title is almost everytime based upon one of the 9 songs, they can't give away the title since there is no title at all yet.

Also, Bodoms guitar sound is whats got me into bodom in the first place, and what I think is the most important thing. It hasn't been all that good since Hate Crew Deathroll and even then it wasn't top notch. Name a better Lead tone than bodom's HB and FTR?

6. mutran

mutran Mutran

And what mental picture do you have, Joonas?

I think that the album could be dark, purple or blue. I have that feeling.

7. (__Joonas__)

Mostly black, with a hint of either green, blue or purple. It will remind mostly of Blooddrunk but sharper sound. Lots of fast banging but not much melodic ideas or thorough creativity. One or two stand-out tracks. Maybe more guitar atmosphere and colder sound than on RRF.

8. Fastbodom

Fastbodom I Spit on Your Grave

atleast im going to hang out with alexi (not gonna happen) but yeah still cool to get some awnser lol

9. (__Joonas__)

"I want to fucking hang out with you" I lol'd in the interview, was it you?

10. kilon

kilon I told you!

All those "Are you coming to [Country]" questions are the worst. Ofcourse they will try to. But it's not really up to them to decide.

11. BazsiBazsi

BazsiBazsi Member

I think its gonna be green maybe... he got a new green guitar recently :)

12. Marowak

Marowak Member

New album will be black with red font.. and the Reaper will be riding a horse
    [​IMG]

13. (__Joonas__)

But he planned a green guitar already two years ago. And then the SKO fragments came out and I was sure the album would be green, cos it sounded green. Then WIWI came out and it sounded orange as hell.

It's hard for me to imagine, why does Alexi not write at least 2 songs that are in the vein of the old material, just use only best ideas. Why does it all have to be the same kind of stuff, only worse and better songs. Actually I'm starting to think a solution to "sell out" would now in fact be returning to the past themes.

It's funny tho. They've said so far it's like old-school Bodom. But nobody's buying because they already said Blooddrunk was a mix of old and new and so was RRF. :p Then what is new COB after all? HCDR and AYDY? All I've ever heard about this album since the beginning was it's gonna be real heavy. But sounding real heavy was never COB's thing, their thing about heaviness was always about writing genious little riffs that sound heavy as fuck because of creative notes, even if the guitar sound wasn't very heavy.

This 2:00 - 2:10 sounds super fucking heavy and is just cool songwriting. No matter how hard all these metalcore bands bang their instruments and downtune their guitars, it will not have the same impact usually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgHMP9NnpA

I kind of lately figured how much this part of SNBN rocks... so full of hate <3

This song is every note perfection for each instrument and lots of room for improvisation... still what I concider the best song ever made.

14. BazsiBazsi

BazsiBazsi Member

A good piece of music don't really need breakdowns, yet its a really good thing in a proper song. Not in these retarded "metalcore" kids playing music and shit.(Well, I could write how bad is the metalcore scene recently and it would be a butthurt but i wont do it lol).
    Here around 3:05 there is a fken heavy breakdown, but I recommend listening the whole song, its building towards to it(aka. its not some stupid pointless carp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8C7J7deHI8

Or here: there is just an acoustic part(a part like this on the new album would be epic as hell but its not "bodomish") 2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MucML-KI7Bs

A break after a solo would be also cool, like here 2:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nG8NEg7Y88

Just chills and gets the song "together"

15. baldymort

baldymort Member

If we're talking about heaviness in music, this to me this is one of the heaviest things I have ever heard in music. Also one of my favourite songs off of my favourite album.
    2:11

#1075 baldymort, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  16. Fastbodom

Fastbodom I Spit on Your Grave

i actually said it a little different, but yeah i had nothing else that came up in me lol:erk:

17. (__Joonas__)

Yeah, a total silence after a magical guitar solo would be nice, maybe continued by intense doublebass. Also a song with a lead melody at the beginning, middle and outro of the song, that is always followed by short but catchy solos, would be pretty magnificent. Also sections with just drums, keyboards and bass, followed by rhythm guitar and gallop, then bursting to a heroic lead guitar. So much Bodom could try out.

18. krofius

krofius Active Member

I really honestly don't see in any fucking way how you'd find a correlation between WIWI and the color orange.

What goes through your mind when you think that a certain song sounds like a color? How can a song even sound like a color?

19. (__Joonas__)

I often see the music in colours, don't you? It's important for someone designing an artwork for an album, the artwork needs to correlate with the feeling of the music. For example cold soundworlds are usually associated with blue colours and hot soundworlds with red colours and dark soundworlds with black, these are all very common in metal. Colour of melodies and riffs reflects the emotion as well, whether it's aggressive, party, mysterious, sad, dark...