This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Fucking awesome artwork. The northern lake and the victims of the lake. Now you guys got it! 10/10 from Joonas. This will lead to great things.

The Bodom song is called Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming). I think it implies to them returning to the past epicness.

“Halo Of Blood is the eighth studio album from Children Of Bodom and believe it or not but we still managed to keep it fresh and new while still maintaining the elements that make COB sound recognizable. Its got the fastest and the slowest song we ever made and lyrics wise there are themes we had never had before. Its 10 new songs of pure nordic metal and whether you enjoy it with a beer or a glass of water, I’m sure you will have a good time.”

Good thing cos I stopped drinking long ago and I want the music to be good enough to enjoy sober... I will probably go get a bottle of Lake Bodom water and drink it while listening to this CD for the first time.

[​IMG]

2. kilon

kilon I told you!

From that sample we got months ago, I already identified what would be one of the covers:

The rest is still unknown apart from this:

#1582 kilon, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  3. (__Joonas__)

Cruel Summer is a perfect Bodom song title to add for the song list thinking about the murder story. The song is also great and I'd probably accept it for an 11th track, it would leave an euphoric feeling after all the brutality and make you wanna cherish another spin... The title refers to the day before the murders... if there was a Children Of Bodom movie that song would be nice for the end credits music! :Spin:

Maybe they could use Cruel Summer for the live intro for this album's shows? Either that or something dark and atmospheric.

Always thought these cold keyboards and black guitars would suit a winter theme. These samples describe the artwork perfect. The keyboard is freezing like the wind here today, it's also mythical like the unexplained mystery of the lake, while the dark guitars describe the perilous danger, doom and fear... This artist is intelligent and has paid attention to exactly right things. The depressive feel of a sunless winter is present in the music. The lake and the death elements are symbolism that reflect in the feelings of the music.

#1583 (__Joonas__), Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  4. Norbix

Norbix Member

Hmm, angry bodom neo-thrash... sounds like something from AYDY or Reckless. If it sounds like the good parts of Shovel than that's more than fine.

I think the fact that angry is pointed out again is a very good sign, because that's something that's been missing lately. The first few albums were very aggressive and energetic, especially with vocals. Maybe they've got that kickass attitude back.[/quote]

Nothing better than hearing melodies having hit potential. Nobody's ever been able to replicate Alexi's style.

Weird vibe kinda worries me a little bit, but I only look for a few good songs per record anyway. Weird vibe makes me think these songs will sound like Ugly.

Sounds like a tailor made Joonas song. Orchestral hits and driven by leads.

All this talk of aggression and orchestral hits make this album sound like the second coming of HATEBREEDER..

I don't even know what to make of that. Metallica meets anxiety sounds like Punch me I Bleed. Wouldn't mind something similar..

This guy is making it harder and harder to wait for this album. Normally aggressive music is a product of youthful ambition. If they somehow got it back that'd be a miracle.

666 riff and best song of the album... fuck me!

Doesn't sound like a serious song.

5. mutran

mutran Mutran

That artwork is like the part 4 of the 3 classics.

I still want that Slowdance On Nails title :/

6. (__Joonas__)

I like to think this way too. I hope the album is as great as the artwork, so I could worship it. I need another epic album like the old COB.

It's a title that tastes electric on the tongue. Maybe it's been put on hold until the next album, as it didn't exactly describe any of these songs. Just like Roundtrip to Hell and Back was a great title but didn't really fit any Blooddrunk song except Hellhounds On My Trail and they thought that one was a better title... such a title as Roundtrip to Hell and Back promises a mind-blowing song and you can't just give it to any song. The song they gave it to doesn't deliver the drama of the title but it turns it to something awkwardly emotional instead.

7. mutran

mutran Mutran

Or maybe Slowdance on Nails is on the lyrics of one of the songs.

8. kilon

kilon I told you!

9. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

*come forth*
    *look over there*
    *look at these rocks*
    *hold still, this might sting a little*
    *almost there*
    *ouch*
    *scythe back out*
    *job done*

10. mutran

mutran Mutran

The Reaper is looking at the dead people under the ice, like he's done with the job, yes. Notice that he's holding the scythe with the two hand, like he's been using it in that moment.

11. Zarok666

Zarok666 Sith happens

12. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

^ Smartass :p Can we have the Murder Archives back now, please? :worship: :D ;)

13. mutran

mutran Mutran

Wow Zarok... just wow, haha.

14. chb

chb COB Hate Crew Member

Cruel summer should be a great cover indeed !

15. Chamet

Chamet Keepin' it bonzer

AYDY?, BD, and RRF don't look like they belong there when you put them all together like that. The artwork for the new album is brilliant.

16. Marowak

Marowak Member

I still can't get over the CGI hamburger meat in Something Wild's cover. Glad they fixed that shit.

17. Zarok666

Zarok666 Sith happens

I'm afraid I don't have any backups of it anymore... But maybe the new album will convince me to re-launch Scythes Of Bodom and start all over again.

18. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

^ That would be awesome! And I'd be more than happy to be involved again if you do :)

19. Rune

Rune Member

Best thing I've heard in s while! Lets hope Alexi did some honerun with this one!

BTW! Hi Zarok :D

20. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Oh hi there! Took you some albums hehe ;)

Well that'd be very cool, it was a great site.