This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. krofius

krofius Active Member

Upon further listening I think this actually MIGHT be the title track Halo of Blood.
    Halo of Blood, could mean like a ''ring of blood'', and they scream KILL KILL KILL (At least it sounds like it), so I think it might be that one actually. But it was described as very heavy and death metallish and the most heavy in a long time...And the sampled song was very melodic. If you go by the descriptions it sounds more like it could be track 1,4 or 8. Guess we'll just have to wait a bit more to know the name of it :) We don't even know if the sampled song is actually the song that they made a music video for, but most likely it is. At least stuff is shaping up nicely now, and it only 9-10 weeks until release! It's not so damn long when you think of it.

2. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

That sounded great! I simply love the mix and the production, and Alexi's voice is back on track too! To me it seems like this is the title track. But I don't think this will be the first single.

3. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

How could this be the title track? What evidence do you have to back that up with? I was crucified in the past for making assumptions based merely on ass-feeling. The title track is described to be full of blast beats and to be heavy and to start as if bricks falling on your back. This is like a party song and the intro on the video is the basic riff which is quite laid-back. Those cold keys are mixed away or very down on the record. The only theory I can pull out from the lyrics is the word "lies" which could relate to Transference.

4. BazsiBazsi

BazsiBazsi Member

Ye its more like a party song, the singing is not so serious...

5. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Next time read carefully, because I said to me it seems like title track. I didn't say it is, no one here knows that for sure. Unlike you, I make clear if it is an assumption or a statement.

6. Sany

Sany Member

1 Page back ;)

#

Whos interested:
    Ive made an complete and louder Version and removed the Voices:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/dms3jm

7. (__Joonas__)

I can promise you this isn't the song Halo of Blood. That one will be more seriouss.

8. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

This.:rolleyes:

9. krofius

krofius Active Member

What do you mean serious? You mean the song isn't sincere? Or you mean they're joking somehow? Newsflash: The whole album is serious. You could say that all the covers aren't serious though.

And no you can't promise anything because you can't possibly KNOW what song it is except for basing it on your subjective opinions and speculations.

10. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Thanks for saying what I was thinking too.

11. Norbix

Norbix Member

I guess I'm the only one that's not totally blown away by this preview? Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot. It sounds like an AYDY melody, and based on previews alone i'd say that the shovel preview is much better than this. Only 10 seconds though, no point in trying to draw conclusions.

12. kilon

kilon I told you!

With only the chorus I really can't fit it with any of the song descriptions we have. I don't have the impression that the song is very aggressive.

13. Marowak

Marowak Member

What? It's upbeat sure, but a party song?

14. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

To be honest, it was a decent melody writing for a chorus compared to HCDR AYDY and even RRF (cry of the nihilist chorus was way better)
    yet the rythmic are bodom attitude but not the melody. it lacks the "hook"
    mixing and production sounds like RRF.

15. Norbix

Norbix Member

I get that feeling too. The rhythm sounds like a blast from the past with a modern COB melody attached.

Honestly though, my main quirp with COB's modern albums is infact the rhythm writing... so if the album is like that 10 seconds I aint gonna be mad

16. Firen

Firen nothing wild

I think at this point people (myself included) are just thirsting for any assemblance of pre-AYDY Bodom. I agree with you that from the brief preview it feels like a AYDY/BD/RRF era song. Again, this is a preview not a whole song so we can't draw any conclusions just yet. Still excited because unlike most, I still appreciate the 'modern' Bodom.

That being said, I want more of this. :lol:

#1756 Firen, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  17. (__Joonas__)

This is either the opening track or the Bodom track, my best conclusion. This is a hook, thus I don't understand the criticism. It sounds something like the great Token of Time from Ensiferum. The vibe is somehow similar to Bodom After Midnight (also for the kill, kill, kill, quite a coincidence), but it sounds mostly like the melodic part of Children Of Decadence.

18. ZOMG_A_COW

ZOMG_A_COW Testicle Inspector

I wasn't completely sure what track it was, but you've totally convinced me with the "kill, kill, kill" part. That's just weird...

Also, the new track is called "Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming)", right? Maybe that's what "The Second Coming" signifies...jesus that's cool.

19. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

I like it, but I hope this is not the best the album has to offer, feels a bit too repetitive for me to be Bodom. I understand they muted the different parts in order not to give the full song away, but still, 2 min and so much repetition it's not what I expected.

On the other hand, as I said before, one song is not a fair picture of the album as WIWI was not, and this still sounds good, which brings me to...

OH MY FUCKING GOD THE TONE! I am seriously in love with the overall sound of the album. Guitars sound strong yet sharp, keys loud and nice, drums in your face and the vocals, well that was very cool to hear. I am way more pumped for the overall sound than for the actual bit of music, but man was that good to hear! Can't wait for the rest, and to listen to the full song and see how it actually is, because I remember that with SK, having only the melodic snippets, it took me about a month to get used to the other heavier parts, my mind didn't fit them in the song after listening only to the melodies :lol:

I hear you there, much better review if they just shut the fuck up. Also, I feel they just took the ones who loved it the most, as shown by the extremely skeptical one sleeper posted about later.

Good catch!

I'm going to take that (as well as the ones in the video) with a pinch of salt, those may as well be the two extremes: in the video the ones who loved it (because why would NB put the ones who didn't like it so much in the video?) and the twitter one one of those "old bodom lovers" or maybe more into another kind of music (maybe more BD fan, dunno). We've had (as always) all kinds of reviews, but most seem to be positive, so I'll keep that.

20. Norbix

Norbix Member

I get the bodom after midnight vibe with the kill kill kill and the overall sound, but FUCK NO does that sound like children of decadence!