This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB start writing new album

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

#1881 tonsa92, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. InvisibleByNight

InvisibleByNight Totally Fucking Dead.

Jaska was right, really black metal sounding.
    At first I thought that someone is joking and it's just some Alexi's guest apperance ; D

Definitelly very good first impression. And 23-th even better.

3. mrs.bodOm

mrs.bodOm ~Kissing The Shadows~

4. krofius

krofius Active Member

Damn it just gets BETTER and better for each listen.

I love in the main riff how the keyboard is so atmospheric and eerie sounding. I don't know what band reminds me of but it's something. Maybe Dissection.

5. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

blast beat riffs remind me a lot of Kalmah :)

6. krofius

krofius Active Member

Now that you say it, then yeah actually, and the verse rhythm guitar riff definitely sounds Kalmah-ish.

7. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

This is fuckin' black metal, guys. But it's not so much melodic, and I can not hear keyboards, maybe because of the bad quallity. I like more the song from that album preview video.

8. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

I think there is enough melody for a serious metal song to be honest. Not sure if it is enough for all the fans who would like to see a copy of HB/FTR though;) For me, I think I will enjoy this record a lot.

Also, I wouldn't go as far as calling it straight black metal... You know, this is nowhere near Watain, or Carpathian Forest :) Just another bodom metal thing, haha - more furious though!

9. krofius

krofius Active Member

Btw, now we can confirm that the song sample from the trailer clip is indeed not the title track :p Must be Transference then, since it's having a music video made of it.

10. predator2353

predator2353 Member

The vocals are better than the previous album. So far the song sounds a bit repetitive, but I'll give it a few more listens.

11. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Fuck me that was unexpected and good! I definitely dig Alexi's renewed aggressiveness on the vocals, and overall aggressiveness of the song. The solo is very Alexi style but very cool too, and group shouts well placed. I am more than happy with this as a first song, and absolutely fits what they said on a review of "no intros this time, straight to the throat".

Thanks a lot tonsa for the upload, and the quality is quite good to be a radio rip ;)

12. mrs.bodOm

mrs.bodOm ~Kissing The Shadows~

I was also thinking of Dissection!

13. Andry_Wildchild

The track was good,I don't get how people compare that to the old albums tho.
    Fast-tempo drums,aggressive vocals and orchestral hits and stuff were surely missed but is that enough to say this album is gonna sound anything like the first ones?I honestly don't think so.

But still,nice track I liked it...I reckon there's gonna be some interesting stuff in the new album

14. jookylla

jookylla Guest

15. Villanueva

Villanueva Member

I think Alexi finallly understood that you don't need super complicated riffs in order to make a good song, most of the riffs he played during verses and sometimes even main riffs in the first albums were very simple, and the melody played over them was what made them great, but playing complex riffs like the one in Shovel Knockout and other recent songs made it hard for a "simple" enjoyable melody to be played over them.

Now this song is not led by melodies, but the simple AND enjoyable riffs are there, it's a great sign.

16. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE ITTTTT

17. HLiNa

HLiNa Member

AWESOME! And cool pictures, that video will be epic! I was hoping for some kind of short story video too. Not just a band standing in abandoned garages like they always used to. I can imagine me going fuckin nuts when I will hear that song live!

And... what a guitar tone in the solo. Great!

Now compare this to their best song ever - WIWI :D lmao.

18. marabello89

marabello89 Member

Wow, didn't expect to get to hear a whole song so soon! Seems quite weird to play a new song without any announcement on a random net radio. I wonder whether the radio really was allowed to do that.

Well, anyway, I liked the song a lot. The black metal influence sounded nice and Alexi's vocals were devinitely improved.

19. krofius

krofius Active Member

I think they said this album is more technical as well, or at least some stuff...They obviously want to improve their playing for each album. But this song obviously isn't uber-technical, just a fucking awesome black metal tremolo riff, you can never go wrong with that.

20. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

There's lots of old bodom elements in this song for me. Those you mentioned and one I noticed is those screams combined with growl, like in Mask Of Sanity's verse :)

E: And it's hard to say yet, we've heard only 1 full song