This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Condenser mics on guitars...

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by stringyo, Jun 4, 2006.

1. metalkingdom

metalkingdom the kinder, gentler me

Maybe ear fatigue happens when you don't have a good budget to spend the $$$ for a top-notch producer. :erk:

And thanks for the Meshuggah/metal philosophy lesson. After listening to this band for 12 years, and metal for 25 years, I really needed that. :ill:

2. Ermz

Ermz ¯\(°_o)/¯

DEI is more fatiguing to my ears. The guitars have a more pronounced high-end element. They're smoother, if anything, on Chaosphere.

Btw, to me, anything on NS-10s sounds fatiguing.

3. metalkingdom

metalkingdom the kinder, gentler me

I have a feeling that you're just saying that to be contradictory. DEI is a brilliant production. If you think that Chaosphere is sonically superior, then you're basically saying that F. Thordendal did a better job producing than Bergstrand - which would be a crazy statement. Chaosphere is a very harsh sounding record - I don't know why anyone would want to A/B to it. There's virtually no low end, and the highs are mostly the painful highs - 4k-7k. I always felt that Meshuggah limited their career as a band because they insist on producing themselves.

That's the same for everybody until you spend enough (a shitload of) time with your head in between them.

4. Jackal_Strain

Jackal_Strain Sigurd Løberg

DEI is way easier on the ears. Chaosphere really gets on my nerves after a few songs, but I constantly listens to DEI instead of Chasospher because of the production.

5. Ermz

Ermz ¯\(°_o)/¯

Nope, not at all. I'm entirely serious. I preffer the production job on Chaosphere to that of DEI. Not by much, but slightly, yes.

6. LynchpiN

LynchpiN Don't like presets.

I listen to Chaosphere usually with an angry attitude, loud and headbanging :kickass:. When I listen to it in a mood to hear more "conventional" music, it annoys me very quickly.

7. LynchpiN

LynchpiN Don't like presets.

Double post. I hate this browser.