This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom 8 String Pups?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Robert W, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Robert W

Robert W Member

Just wondering what custom makers are making 8 guitar pups. I listened to a lot of demos of SDs/BKPs/Lace and am not really hearing anything I like, so was thinking of giving a custom maker a try.

I'm not playing any djent stuff, but would like a higher gain pup, if that helps.

2. FrancescoFiligoi

FrancescoFiligoi Count Blastula

3. StefTD

StefTD Member

shit, you were faster, read that title and Harry came to my mind in a second.
    Awesome pickups, hand wound in Germany by a nice guy who does this since the 80ies!
    Doesn't matter how many strings or whatever, he's able to do it, if you want, you can
    even get a pickup cover made out of the same wood as your guitar uses.

The price is also acceptable for custom pickups, sure it ain't cheap, but still cheaper than
    Lundgrens for example.
    A custom 8 string humbucker would be around 180€ afaik.

4. Robert W

Robert W Member

Anyone making them in the States?

5. StefTD

StefTD Member

nope, Häussels are a one-man-show, but you can probably write him a mail and ask him
    what it would cost to ship them to the states and so on.
    For such a small thing, it can't be that expensive, he really knows what he's doing, so if
    you can describe what you want and have some kind of reference sounds or stuff like that
    he's probably able to build you what you want.

6. ze kink

ze kink THE BLACK WIZARDS

I've got M8's in my fanned fret 8-string and it's the best sounding guitar I've ever owned. They were/are expensive though; I got a discount because we made a group order, but they were still quite the investment.