This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

D&D animated series

Discussion in 'Shadow Demon' started by Venger, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Venger

Venger New Metal Member

Is this band named after the Shadow Demon character from the 80s Dungeons and Dragons cartoon? It takes place in purgatory/hell by the way.

2. Darkspyre

Darkspyre Member

I was wondering when I would see the day that somebody would finally bring that up.

When I first came up with the band name I was not trying to name it after that character, however I immediately realized that connection and that pretty much solidified my decision for naming the band as such.

Congratulations for figuring that out. You are the first person to bring that up (at least to my attention) since the band came into existence. Of course, judging by your username it was only logical. :D

3. tbhride

tbhride I killed Kenny

Heeey I seem to remember learning about this back in the Abrasive Rock days... I think anyway... :D

4. Darkspyre

Darkspyre Member

I don't recall that although I am sure I may have alluded to it at least. I don't think James or I have ever said anything about it directly. It's possible that Blaine may have mentioned it in some interview around the EP release for a magazine that no one probably read. Personally, I was waiting for someone else to bring it up.

There is at least one other reference of a similar fashion...ummm...somewhere....

5. Venger

Venger New Metal Member

I got the entire show recently in a DVD box set for $40 from Best Buy. It was well worth it. It even includes an episode guide, and an animated series handbook with D&D stats for all the characters including Venger and Shadow Demon.

[​IMG]

6. Darkspyre

Darkspyre Member

I recently picked it up as well.

I just finished watching disc 2 the other night. :lol:

7. Venger

Venger New Metal Member

Satan is actually in the first episode on disc4 "The Dungeon at the Heart of Dawn". Satan is Venger's master by the way.

8. DemonJay

DemonJay Mmmmm, Blast Beats

This is all news to me! :lol:

9. Darkspyre

Darkspyre Member

Shit. Sorry man! :lol:

I know we have talked about it before but it probably wasn't obvious. I'll explain something tomorrow that will probably make sense in hindsight.

Haha. That's hilarious.

On a side note: Most of what I am referring to are inside jokes/references. There are no songs that have themes based on this cartoon so don't go trying to read that into the lyrics or anything.

10. tbhride

tbhride I killed Kenny

+1 confusion :D

11. DoomsdayZach

DoomsdayZach The Professor was right

I will have to see if i still have the picture somewhere, but one time I was over at Tony from ex-Ara'Kus house and we were playing Doom online. I know you guys have all played that game. Anyway, i ended up getting killed by one of the invisible pinkys (or bull demons or whatever you want to call them) and it said "You have been killed by the Shadow Demon". I giggled.

12. Darkspyre

Darkspyre Member

I remember you sent me that pic.

I will have to remember that line...