This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dad, take your cam. We need a music-video ...CraPcore inside

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by TimPio, May 14, 2011.

1. Fama

Fama Member

I have to say that while I don't like the music at all, you've got a good attitude.

2. misterdmz

misterdmz New Metal Member

What I dont get is why do they want to be a carbon copy of that Attack band, from the crab stance to the silly ass run in place dance. At least make an attempt at being original!

3. DullElysium

DullElysium Member

I appreciate this! No whining at all. But like Loren stated the vocals are a bit odd. Or actually I like the highs but you have way too much air in the lows. Unless by singer you mean you're the actual singer not the growler. In that case your growler has too much air in the lows.

BTW. your growler/screamer looks really swedish! :D

4. Empathy

Empathy Bulging Member

I watched this on mute, imagining how the song went and then unmuting it on the odd occasion to see how close I was. Pretty much bang on every time! Does that mean I should start a crabcore band?

5. Wohma

Wohma Hearing sounds and voices

Yes, please! I think we'd use another crabcore band, there aren't so many nowadays.

6. drew_drummer

drew_drummer Dancefap

My bum is on the Swede, bum is on the Swede... if I'm lucky I might get a disease!

7. [UEAK]Clowd

[UEAK]Clowd Member

I don't get it, that's not even that bad..

I was expecting more "Design the skyline" type stuff.

8. mikaelhlws

mikaelhlws New Metal Member

Hello again, sorry to revive this thread.

It's just that yesterday we released our second music video, and I would love to hear your comments on it (mostly on the video, editing and so on, but if you want to hate on the music, then be my guest).

This video is again edited och post produced by me (screamer), and I don't know, am I going in the right direction with my style of editing?

Thanks for your time and replies.

Peace!

/Mikael, Hollows

#48 mikaelhlws, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  9. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

:lol: Dude your probably the ballsiest fucker I've met on the net, so I'll be a bit nicer this time. But my thoughts on your singing still stand. :heh:

1. You're doing the Attack Attack clone thing right. I won't comment on what I think of that.

2. The video is fine, it works. The quality is there and I see you put some effort into it so I can't really find fault with it other than it's fairly cliche' but all music videos these days are so again, good job. My only fault with it is the interview parts with your bands heads looks out of place, I would have tried to find something different to edit in there.

3. Some of your screams don't bother me, the ones that do are the raspy ones that lack balls. If I was playing producer for you guys, I would have tried to steer you away from that, but again that's just me.

4. It would be good if you did one thing different from all the other self produced bands in this genre and that is put some dynamic difference in the tom fills, it sounds so sterile when you run a tom fill with 16th notes and none of the hits hit at any different intensities (er velocities). I get that the drum sound needs to be in yo face, but it should at least attempt to sound a little bit human. :lol:

All my opinion of course.

10. nervirasme

nervirasme Dismember

After thinking of how should I present my thoughts about this (and since I wanted to be as polite as I could) I realized that I should speak really honestly since everybody else seems to do it that way in this thread:

Guys, stop being so ignorant and go easy with the thread like this one!... Before you start criticizing me too, please note - do I think the video is cheesy? - yeah I do! But that doesn't actually put me in position to make it a subject of mockery...
    And please don't be hypocrites and get all polite and sh*t after you realize that Mikael responded to all of this in a much more adult and mature way than most of you did...

I mean, really - what makes you so much above these guys in terms of objectively knowing what's right to do and what's not?... Having your own opinion and stance is absolutely right and normal, but starting a thread like this one so you can openly ridicule someone's work is just plain rude... I know many of you feel like mature grown-ups, but this is just another form of bullying... and last time I checked bullying is still considered immature and ignorant.
    Many of you had your creative moments or phases that are probably in stark contrast to what you stand for now, so just try to imagine would someone in that moment have the proper right to put you in a center of this kind of attention?

11. Clockwork

Clockwork Bass playing guy.

I'm gonna be honest, I have their album in my music library. I feel like I've seen far worse bands posted in the OT and rate my mix forums all the time. At least they are polite and seem to acknowledge that there is room for improvement.

12. Terminus

Terminus Member

The singer has the exact same haircut as Sharon Stone.

13. MaellaJohn

MaellaJohn Member

I wish there were more people like you.