This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

David Gold (Woods of Ypres) dead

Discussion in 'Bar' started by Wohma, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Wohma

Wohma Hearing sounds and voices

2. AdamWathan

AdamWathan Member

Not surprised that most on this forum aren't familiar... Actually played in Woods with Dave for a year, left on pretty bad terms with each other but terrible for this to happen.

RIP man...

3. Melodeath

Melodeath Moonbow

Damn, that is really sad. I was actually really into their first EP back in 2002/2003, as well.

4. Glenn Fricker

Glenn Fricker Very Metal &Very Bad News

That's a pretty common statement for those who've worked with Dave... myself included. However, we did bury the hatchet a few years ago & I was happy to hear he landed a deal with Earache.

I'm deeply saddened by the news, though. It's always a tragedy when someone dies that young, and the fact he was going on his first European tour in the spring compounds it. The timing couldn't be worse, and I feel terrible for his family.

Say what you will about Dave, his greatest strengths were his songwriting and his work ethic. I don't think I've ever met anyone who worked as hard as Dave.

It certainly puts our daily petty squabbles into perspective, though. Carpe Diem...... ....Dave certainly did.

We tracked this in the extremely hot summer days of 2002, and it was my favorite on the first EP. "Against the Seasons" made number 27 on the Bravewords all-time top 30 Canadian Metal Records.

#4 Glenn Fricker, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  5. XnaySaturo

XnaySaturo Member

I'm a loss for words, seriously. I'm listening to Woods 5 at the moment and it's pretty fucked up. RIP David.

6. Wohma

Wohma Hearing sounds and voices

FUCK. I did not even dare to think about WoY coming into Europe. I guess I'd be happier NOT knowing about it, though!

That's actually my girlfriend's most favourite song by WoY together with Ontario town.