This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Day 1 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Fixxer315, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Fixxer315

Fixxer315 Member

Once again, we had a great kickoff to the show. The only band I knew anything about leading into the show was Haken, and they certainly delivered. Given that I taught at Georgia Gwinnett College for most of the day, I was getting wiped out by the time Haken took the stage. However, about midway through, it seemed as if they really kicked it into overdrive, and I was fully into the second half of the set.

Oprhaned Land blew me away on just about every level. I knew nothing about the band going into their set, but now I'm a fan, one who will certainly hit the merchandise room trying to get an album or two of theirs. I'm especially looking for their recent one, as I was very impressed by their ballad Brothers.

And both Power Quest and Serenity also gave good sets--albeit nothing that stood out after having witnessed the Orphaned Land set. Nonetheless, I'll likely see what I can pick up from them in the merch room.

Looking forward to Day # 2, especially Metal Church.

#1 Fixxer315, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. johnhead

johnhead Member

I think Haken delivered what might be the best performance I have ever seen at ProgPowerUSA! The only prog concert I have seen that might be better is Scenes from a Memory with Change of Seasons as the encore back in the day. It was that damn good. The bar is set mighty high for days 2, 3 & 4 .... and we still get one more Haken performance :)

Mardoch likes this.