This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dead Soul Tribe or Psychotic Waltz?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by EDVANTASIA, Sep 29, 2006.

1. batmura

batmura Sea of Tranquility

Speaking of DST, anyone else think they're heavily Tool influenced? They even use some identical chord progressions and the drummer Adel Moustafa definitely comes from the Danny Carey school considering his tribal beats, subtle polyrhythms, and creativity.

No surprise since Devon has mentioned several times that Tool/APC have been his favourite band for the last couple of years. At one point, he even worked for them on tour in Austria if I remember.

2. Ascension

Ascension New Metal Member

Bleeding was the 1st that I picked up of PW and to this day is still my favorite from them. I agree with the repetitiveness on DST...I liked the 1st release. After picking up the releases that followed, I always found myself going back to the 1st, so... :erk:

3. Meteornotes

Meteornotes Crazed Diet Coke Addict

I love PW. DST is fine in small chunks, but becomes repetitive after awhile.

Though a PW seems unlikely, I never thought we'd see Conception on the PP stage, so who knows? If it did happen, it would be amazing...

dt

4. BABS

BABS Member

Wow, I did not know that! I always thought that it was their debut release...

5. BABS

BABS Member

I can tell you this, if Psychotic Waltz had a reunion and even a small tour, I can place my bets the shows would sell out.

6. EDVANTASIA

EDVANTASIA Member

I find it funny that Mr.Lackey, is so damn close minded to playing at Progpower or America in general. I realize they were bigger in Europe, but still the chance to play in front ot 1200 people who would appreciate your music(which I would guess would be their biggest show in the U.S. for them) in your own country,could be a once in a lifetime experience. I say "F" Mr. Lackey, lets get the rest of PW, and find them someone else to sing. A capable vocalist shouldn't be hard to find. Would it be the same, No. But, it would still rock

7. Perpet

Perpet Perpetual Motion

Amen to that...What blows me away is that when i talk with Norm Leggio or Brian Mcalpine (Psychotic Waltz) they seem so surprised by the following that they still have today. Go figure...:Smug:

8. llorenth

llorenth Member

Agreed. All it would take is some AWESOME singer who was a huge fan of PW to join them on stage and NAIL the tunes. Like Leatherwolf did with Wade Black this year. I'm no fan of theirs, but word from the fans has it Wade is perfect for them and blew away all of the old fans with his vocals.

I'm a HUGE fan of the first two PW albums, and I like Bleeding too. Don't have (and never heard) Mosquito.

As for DST, I have the first one, and I like it a bit. Hardly ever listen to it. I had the MP3s for A Murder of Crowes, and I liked it better, but never enough to buy it. I love Devon's voice so much, but as other have said DST can get pretty monotonous. For a band that idolizes Tool, they sure drag and stay in one gear a lot more than Tool does. When DST softens up and gets a bit psychedelic, they do sound MIGHTY good.
    Now and Forever,
    lmjh

9. batmura

batmura Sea of Tranquility

Terrible idea. While you're at it, why don't we get another singer for DIO other than RJD and have them headline PP? :lol:

10. zedowns

zedowns Member

I wonder if this berry has gotten any sweeter over the years? :Smokedev:

11. Arabianhazard

Arabianhazard I, the Witchfinder.

Words fly like missiles. They're flying on now...:popcorn:

12. CAlexanderParra

CAlexanderParra Nocturnal Dream

Just want to add support, I regularly wear my Into the Everflow shirt I got from last years fest when gigging out that said, if PW ever plays PPUSA I will be there front and center.

13. Winds

Winds Member

14. rockhound

rockhound Member

Another band you should listen if you like Devon Graves is The Shadow Theory. His only CD Behind The Black Veil is amazing. For me this is his best work.