This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Death Metal

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by combustion07, Jul 24, 2007.

1. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

If you know any other good Australian brutal death metal similar in style to them, post them up here sometime!

Good brutal death metal is my biggest musical blind-spot tbh and I really enjoyed that shit. I even messaged the guys from that band to see if any spare tapes are still floating around. Hopefully I hear back from somebody.

2. morguelord

morguelord Member

I don't know anything Australian that's similar really, but if you like that, dig into 90s brutal death. Torture Krypt, Entorturement, Scattered Remnants, Sintury, etc.

CiG likes this.
  3. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Will do!

Edit: dug up a few Australian brutal death metal things, putting them here so I can check them oyt properly in the morning before work:

#13603 CiG, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  4. morguelord

morguelord Member

Haven't heard Manticore, but I actually meant to include Encabulos in my previous Aussie-DM post. Not sure I'd consider them brutal death, but I've only listened to the full length. Great stuff regardless. Here's some other early BDM stuff you might consider looking into, along the lines of Neuropath, Gaffed, Eviscerate, etc. Tried to go with more obscure stuff, less ultra-brutal, all of it between '94-'97.

CiG likes this.
  5. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Sorry I only just got around to checking those out this morning man. Great set of links though!

For me the highlights were Sufficide, BodyBag, Scattered Remnants and Agony Conscience.
    Especially that BodyBag demo, that shit is nasty as fuck. Somebody should compile all their releases onto CD or something, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Sucks that their '95 and '99 tapes aren't anywhere on Youtube.

Looking those guys up I stumbled across this. Probably already know it but thought I'd post it here just in case. Not too bad, though NOWHERE near as good as that other BodyBag:

Lately I've been listening back to some of the non-album gems from 2017. So much good shit that just gets lost in the waves and waves of stuff I check out on a weekly basis:

Head-crushingly heavy shit.

I love how low these guys take everything.

Nasty riff-heavy death metal that gets a bit doomy.

One of my favourites from last year's wave of demos and their album out this year looks like it will be pretty brutal too.

And this is a death metal album from last year that seemed to go under the radar. Pretty fucking good and aggressive!

6. morguelord

morguelord Member

I think Bodybag was supposed to be doing some kind of demo compilation a while back, but I'm not entirely certain. I remember seeing something about it somewhere, I think on their FB, but I'm too lazy to go looking.

Fetid is definitely my favorite from those, I love their demo; it's a goddamn shame they only put it on fucking tape though. Kill yourselves. Hoping for a full length soon, one that isn't solely on the most dogshit format in existence. I'm at least passingly familiar with all the others besides Phalanx, who I'll definitely be checking out.

7. CF87

CF87 Active Member

8. morguelord

morguelord Member

Oh boy, another Master album.....

CiG likes this.
  9. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

The drum sound is fucking awful IMO.

10. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

This shit crushes.

11. morguelord

morguelord Member

One of the sickest things I've heard this year, EASILY!!!! Immolation-esque OSDM from members of Taphos, Decaying Purity, Burial Invocation, Phrenelith, Undergang, and Wormridden, among a ton of others. HIGHLY recommended.

CiG likes this.
  12. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

13. morguelord

morguelord Member

Aborted has been color-by-numbers dogshit for years.

14. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

Yeah i don't care for most(Retrogore wasn't bad)of their newer stuff either but i'm sure others here do

edit: The first track i posted isn't bad either(better than a lot of the garbage on this page tbh), not feeling the second one at all.

15. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Yeah this band fucking rules, their EP from last year was awesome too.

Just checking their Bandcamp now and the CD is already sold out even though it came out yesterday lmao. Good for them.

16. morguelord

morguelord Member

They have more on their Bandcamp now, and Dark Descent has them as well.

17. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

I already grabbed the digital release, I don't buy many physical releases anymore unless it's something that blows my bollocks off and goes into the top-tier favourite realm.

Sucks but times are tough.

18. morguelord

morguelord Member

I never buy digital. If I wanted a digital copy, I'd just steal it. If I want to listen to something, I buy the CD, at least when it comes to death metal. I'm actually planning on getting a longsleeve/CD combo on friday once I get paid. DD is having a sale right now, so I'll probably pick up a couple more CDs while I'm there.

19. The Ozzman

The Ozzman Melted by feels

Same. If I buy now it's to rebuy something I sold off years ago or to fill gaps in collections of favorite bands. I haven't bought any new vinyl in a year I think.

The only music related type stuff i need now are longsleeves which I am lacking. I found a Nile one on sale an an Obituary one and now I have like 6 but it's still not enough for how long fall and winter are (or seem) here

20. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

I mostly buy digital because I figure at least the band is directly (in most cases) getting the money, it's permanently stored on my Bandcamp account and I can use that to keep track of what I eventually want to buy a physical copy of. I still buy CDs of things I really want but I feel digital purchases are a good compromise for someone who doesn't have the space or desire to spend retarded amounts of money on shipping but also doesn't want to be a rip-off cunt.

The Ozzman likes this.