This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Deathcore mix (^^)

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by barricade, Oct 18, 2011.

1. barricade

barricade Giggity Geschmougen

I think it sounds ok... but i need your input on this mix... so plz, any tips&tricks?

#1 barricade, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  2. Ollie_H

Ollie_H Member

I had chelsea grin playing but my volume was off, I clicked play on yours and turned it up and was like wow, this is really good! Then I realized. I just listened to it, it sounds great to be honest, only thing I can hear from a noobs perspective is the snare seems quite covered up, not much of a crack, just a quiet thump most of the time.

EDIT: I think that must just be my shitty speakers, listening on proper headphones now, sounds great.

3. Revson

Revson Member

I'd say the guitars are a tad undergained. They just sound kinda weak to me.

4. LuketheDuke

LuketheDuke Storm Trooper

I'm not much of a stickler, but I would have absolutely no complaints whatsoever listening to an album full of songs of this quality. Everything is tight, it all seems pretty balanced. Good work dude!!! (plus, the song is badass! Love those squeals lol)

5. ApeScaleConflict

Yeah, i have no complaints also. I think the drums sound really nice. GTRS are maby a bit too "HARS" and loose gained, but works really nice.

6. Mago

Mago Austrian Blech Machine

Stuff is really busy in the mids, vocals and snare aren't really clear to hear. Snare also because of a lot of room/verb.
    But overall it sounds pretty nice, I'd try to clean it up a bit freqwise.
    Liking the kick
    Gain on the guitars is fine for this imo

It could also have a bit more power in the bass area

7. Backe

Backe Space Cowboy

The snare needs to be more upfront and the bass isn't quite doing it's job. Other than that i fucking love this shit, great job.

8. barricade

barricade Giggity Geschmougen

Tnx for the feedback guys...im happy that most of u like it! I was kinda struggling with the snare, because i wanted a more compact sound and didn't want that it sticks out of the mix too much...but you are right... it could be a little more upfront!
    @Backe: could you give me any tips on the bass... i'm always struggling with that. What exactly is wrong with it?

...and about the loose gained guitar... I thing that low tuned guitars sound more brootal if they are a little undergained or more crunchy... but that's just me!
    Keep em comin! :)

9. ForceTheTriggerSucks

Uhhhh guitars sound a TAD under gained but my only real gripe with the guitars is the presence range needs to be tamed down a little. Somewhere between 2k and 5k ish it seems. Just a little harsh. Could be my headphones lying to me though. Bass seems like it could come up a little as well or maybe just thicken it up a little more but it seems either or would get ze job done. Reverb seems a little aggressive on the snare. It's a little buried too. Vocals sound awesome though. This is all for my taste. The mix sounds awesome as is. Those are just some things I might do. All these things may have been addressed, I just didn't read the feedback lol apologies if I wasted your time haha