This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by Dead Winter, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Dead Winter

Dead Winter Not faggoty deathcore

Yeah it's about a year and a half old but I've just rediscovered this gem. I listened to it briefly when it came out and stowed it away, but the other day I broke it out and must say I think it's their best work. Very mature and really catchy melodies and harmonies with all the experimentation. If you'd like something a little different, check it out.

2. slashvanyoung

slashvanyoung Dopefish lives!

I used to hate this band when I was younger, probably because they were the biggest trainwreck I've ever seen live...

But nowadays I quite like some of their stuff and I have to say "SNW" sounds way to safe, uninspired and polished compared to "White Pony" and especially "Around The Fur". I don't know if I could be bothered to give it a second chance...

3. Dead Winter

I like it as a rock record, not a metal one. White Pony, while a great album, just doesn't measure up to me. Knife Party is fucking awesome though.

4. Shapeless)))

Shapeless))) -.!.. (-_-) ..!.-

Yess, SNW is one of the best modern alt.rock albums ever.

5. Koi

Koi Member

I've always been pre-judgemental towards them... probably because they play modern metal and they are one of the biggest bands in metal... But then mr.shapeless recommended SNW to me, and i listened and i loved it. THE END.

6. neal

neal wizard in black

really? the songs from it they play on the radio are fucking awful. Adrenaline and Around the Fur are pretty :kickass: fuck off the rest.

7. Liverslapper

Around the Fur & White Pony are awesome. White Pony had a good mix of melodic and aggression. Maynard Keenan did a duet on that CD as well.

I need to play Passanger now :) great song

8. azal

azal love is the answer

yeah I like ATF, WP and the self titled, but this album bored me. More of the same.

9. Shapeless)))

Shapeless))) -.!.. (-_-) ..!.-

What's wrong with you? :p

10. Dead Winter

You know what this album reminds me of? A perfect cross between Catherine Wheel and Dredg.

I really, really, REALLY like the song "Combat". It's got that Around the Fur groove to it but with really catchy hooks and melodies. Kimdracula, Xerces, and Cherry Waves are really good songs too.

11. Mark7

Mark7 Member

Huge deftones fan.. love the air they create.

Their bassist was in an accident in november or somthing, and he's still in a coma. Chi cheng is his name.
    Seriously intense

12. Dead Winter

Man after I realized that I started listening to Happy Days by Catherine Wheel...SERIOUSLY underrated band/album. This album was their more grunge-y albums. I remember this song when I was like a senior in high school or something...

#12 Dead Winter, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015