This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT!!!

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by KingsGene, Sep 24, 2015.

1. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

DEVIN TOWNSEND ON FUTURE OF STRAPPING YOUNG LAD - "I HATE TO DISAPPOINT YOU..."

Canuck genius Devin Townsend has spoken with Alternativenation.net about upcoming projects and the status of Strapping Young Lad.

As for new material: “There are always tons of future ideas! Kind of like how I let Casualties evolve the way it did, I let my future solo work evolve in whatever way it wants to. Next thing I’m doing is a Devin Townsend Project record which will be different than anything I’ve done in the past, but along the same lines of that epic heavy metal vibe. I plan on doing a symphony by the end of the year and I have a bunch of a little side projects I’m working on but I’ll let the ones that feel most important to me take a pole position and that would be the Devin Townsend Project.”

On a Strapping Young Lad reunion: “I hate to disappoint you, but the short answer is no. Other then Jed, I don’t really talk to those guys anymore. A lot of fans are upset that there won’t be a reunion and that I’m not doing Strapping anymore, but I can’t spend anymore energy apologizing. I feel I have progressed as an artist and have moved on from that stage in my career.”

Read more at Alternativenation.net.

2. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

DEVIN TOWNSEND PAYS TRIBUTE TO LEMMY AND DAVID BOWIE, DISCUSSES CASUALTIES OF COOL, WORKING WITH STEVE VAI; 2-PART AUDIO INTERVIEW

"...In Part 2, Devin discusses the upcoming Devin Townsend Project album, songwriting, musical direction, the thematic premise of the album and possible release date. Devin also throws light on recent passing of David Bowie and Lemmy Kilmister. He discusses how David inspired him and even accepted the fact that Devin Townsend is the ‘David Bowie Of Metal’. Devin also explains working with Steve Vai on his upcoming album and his vocals...."

DEVIN TOWNSEND - PERFORMANCE FOOTAGE FROM NAMM 2016 AT FISHMAN + FRAMUS BOOTH POSTED

#43 KingsGene, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  3. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

4. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

5. hoodaman

hoodaman Is it live or is it Dave?

So hyped for DTP. Is is quite a rare thing for my main draw at PP to be the headliner. This is one of those times.

This chorus is incredible.

6. Sir Exar Kun

Sir Exar Kun Member

Regarding the auto-biography..... I normally do not care about musician biographies / autobiographies. Devin is the rare exception. He is one of the most open, honest, and 100% GENUINE people, and I think this book will be a fascinating trip into his mind.

7. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

8. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

9. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

DEVIN TOWNSEND - UNBOXING VIDEO OF ONLY HALF THERE SIGNATURE EDITION AUTOBIOGRAPHY POSTED

"...Only Half There is the title of Devin Townsend’s new autobiography, which is available in two editions. The Classic comes with a CD of newly recorded music titled Iceland, and includes previously unseen photos from Devin's scrapbooks.The Signature version is the same book but signed by Devin himself, wrapped in a different jacket material and nesting in a limited edition box. Also in the box are a signed casette of previously unreleased demo recordings titled Ancient, and four unique, small prints of cartoons drawn by Devin.

Check out the unboxing video for the Signature Edition below...."

10. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

DEVIN TOWNSEND IS HAVING A GARAGE SALE ON EBAY - "SHARK EATING HEAD HAT, STINKY BOOTS, ONE OF A KIND STUFF..."

Devin Townsend's webmaster has checked in with the following announcement:

"Hey, kids! Just in time for Christmas, Dev is having a virtual garage sale! How much does a virtual garage cost? I have no idea! He may also be selling real stuff, too. Clink the link below and see what's up for grabs!"

Go to Townsend's auctions here, which include signed CDs, choir scores, guitars, gear, Ziltoid puppet hair, and stinky boots.

DEVIN TOWNSEND - SIGNATURE FISHMAN FLUENCE PICKUPS RUNDOWN AVAILABLE (VIDEO)

DEVIN TOWNSEND - "I WOULDN'T REFORM STRAPPING YOUNG LAD FOR THE SAME REASON I NEVER DID COKE OR HEROIN..."

Would You Pay To Meet Your Favorite Musician? DEVIN TOWNSEND Weighs In On Culture Of 'V.I.P. Packages'

DEVIN TOWNSEND HOLDING ONLINE LECTURE ON HOW TO DEVELOP CREATIVITY AND SONGWRITING NEXT WEEK

BWBK's Martin Popoff 9/10 review of Only Half There autobiography

#55 KingsGene, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  11. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

12. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT LEADER DEVIN TOWNSEND - "I'VE DECIDED TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THIS BAND AND FOCUS ON A NUMBER OF OTHER PROJECTS"

DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT DRUMMER RYAN VAN POEDEROOYEN COMMENTS ON BAND'S ÌNDEFINITE HIATUS - "IT'S ON TO NEW BEGINNINGS"

DEVIN TOWNSEND TALKS METAL - "I'M STILL A FAN; IT'S JUST THAT THE TIMES IN WHICH I WANT TO HEAR IT AND PLAY IT ARE MUCH LESS THAN IT USED TO BE"

#60 KingsGene, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018