This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do Any Of Y'all Like Cage?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by DrkLrdViper666, Dec 4, 2008.

1. DrkLrdViper666

DrkLrdViper666 Frontman/Vocalist/Singer

Just this past spring/ summer I got Cage's "Hell Destroyer"! I absolutely fell in love w/ this band!!! Very Iced Earth-meets Priest-meets Maiden w/ Ungodly John Arch sounding vocals!!!! I just love this band even their other earlier albums are Bad Ass!!!! Awesome guitar work! awesome rythym section & just True Balls out, Balls To The F'n Wall Metal!!! :headbang: The way it used to be played!!! :kickass: (Btw, if someone already started a thread about Cage, I apologize.)

2. nailz

nailz Member

I love Hell Destroyer. I'm not in love with the vocal style, but I like it. Otherwise, very catchy stuff, especially "I am the king".

3. The Invisible Guest

I love their ode to King Diamond ... very cool !!!

Britt

4. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

LOVE this band!! They really need to play Progpower!!!

5. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

I've sampled Hell Destroyer recently and liked what I heard. With that said, the production was lacking a little in my opinion.

~Brian~

6. MysticX9

MysticX9 Member

Yep, like to see 'em at ProgPower sometime...

7. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

I own Darker Than Black. Played it a bunch of times when I first bought it. Haven't reached for it since then. It's one of those disc that grabs you quickly, but doesn't have a lot of staying power.

Zod

8. johan68

johan68 Member

Love Cage!!!

Had the pleasure of seeing them live at the first Nightmare Metal Fest. They kicked some serious ass that night.
    They should be ready to release a new album pretty soon. Spring of -09 me thinks.

9. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

Great band. Solid live act too. Saw them at the Milwaukee Metalfest a few years back.

10. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

Yeah, they're awesome. DrkLrd decribed them perfectly...just plain balls out metal. Although, Hell Destroyer had its moments that kind of dragged along...and I wasn't a big fan of all the segues and interludes. However, when they're on, they're fucking on. Great band.

11. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

Dude, you were there too???? Awesome!

I remember their singer walking around afterwards, trying to talk to anyone who would talk to him. I guess trying to make contacts or whatever.

They were very impressive live. One of the many bands on my never ending list of bands I need to purchased CDs of.

12. Metalmilitia2000

Metalmilitia2000 UM's Resident Asshole

Great band and great guys.

13. Perpet

Perpet Perpetual Motion

Way back in the day my band actually auditioned their singer Sean when we were looking for a new singer. Really super nice guy. like you said, he is a networking machine. I've seen them a few times and either he's on stage performing, or he's talking someone's ear off :lol: It's been years since we worked with him briefly, and after all this time he still remembers and makes it a point to say hello. Hats off to Sean and all of them for being really great guys. Too bad it didn't work out for working with him on a regular basis. We were too technical for what he was looking for. He really wanted a straight ahead rock groove. When we asked him what he thought of our stuff, he said i like it a lot but I forgot my protractor and metronome, so i don't understand it :lol:

Very entertaining band to watch. Also you can't go wrong with Norm Leggio on drums. (Psychotic Waltz, Teabag, Broken Foundation)

14. GameFreac

GameFreac The Derminator

15. DrkLrdViper666

DrkLrdViper666 Frontman/Vocalist/Singer

Wow!!! That's so awesome that everyone loves them!!! I must be completely outta the loop!!! Cause I just found out about them several months ago!! D'OHH!!!!! :lol: Anywho, I'm a die-hard, old skool John Arch Fates Warning fan, & sean is THE CLOSEST I've ever heard to the real John Arch that it's scary!!!!!!!! I mean I bought FW "Night On Brocken" on vinyl @ the ATL's Turtle's record store back in 1984!!! But let me get back to the topic, Cage just MUST play Progpower!!!!
    They are just so awesome to me!!!! Another great underrated Metal band I'd love to see @ Progpower is Germany's Paragon!!!! :headbang:

16. Sumeet

Sumeet Member

I picked up their second album Astrology back when that came out in like 2000 or so... I remember not getting that into it at the time, but I haven't listened to it in years, and as I recall, part of the problem for me was the production. I'll have to spin that disc again sometime. But I saw them live in March 2008, and they kicked all sorts of ass. I think part of it is simply that they've gotten a bit heavier since then... also bands often tend to sound heavier live anyway. I have been planning to pick up Hell Destroyer, but as with so many other discs, that notion has gotten lost in the abyss of the massive number of albums on my "must-buy" list.

17. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

Darker than Black is their masterpiece, you should scope that one out.

18. Imajica

Imajica Member

Simply love this band. I have all of their CD's and unlike others here still play them and don't think the production is nearly as bad as some of the guys stated earlier. Check them out if you haven't yet. Wish they would tour more out of home state though.

19. rms

rms Active Member

feel the same way..

20. PurpleCrayonWriter

PurpleCrayonWriter Just a Kid at Heart

I've always loved their Astrology album. Killer vocals!

Spurred by the enthusiasm for the band as evidenced in this thread, I ordered their other three albums today from their web site (which is just about the only place to find their CDs since they seem to be out of print).

I'd love to see these guys play PPUSA.

Bill