This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you feel that metal is superior?

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by MasterOLightning, Oct 2, 2004.

1. V.V.V.V.V.

V.V.V.V.V. Houses Ov Mercury

Word.

2. Under The Oak

Under The Oak Ens Causa Sui

This question is stupid, of course metal is superior. :headbang:

3. RosesofShadow

RosesofShadow Fuck my country

Manila, Philippines - Our Gateway to Hell
    METAL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>POP, R&B, Hip-Hop, Techno Shit, Emo Fags, Punk!

4. MasterOLightning

MasterOLightning Optimator

Thanks, as always, Demiurge, for being a such a solid contributor to this forum, with your intelligent replies. You really strive hard to make this a positive place where people will want to start threads, and maybe express their opinions without worrying about being flamed. Funny how no one else felt the need to insult me. If you disagree with me, then say so in a way that actually supports your opinion in some way, as lots of other people did. What does your response say about you? Are you trying for laughs? Do you want people to like you? I'm not really sure. If you're just here to start shit with people, get a life. I regret having to take this time to write this up, but you pull shit like this all of the time. Grow up.

5. Demiurge

Demiurge This user has no title

It went something like this: I was bored, so I responded, but I didn't deem you worthy of refutation. it was as if you had asserted that no significant difference existed between the philosophy of hume and that of descartes. clearly, you appear so ridiculous that all one feels compelled to do is shake one's head or call you a fool.

people who have moronic things to say should not start topics. i like to think that i act as as unofficial moderator by coming down hard on them. ;)

by "classical" it is clear that we refer to art music in general. most classical work is vocal, therefore, it has lyrics. in addition, your complaint that it lacks range of emotion simply shows you to be unfamiliar with it. Listen to Shostakovich's 8th, Mahler's 9th, listen to "Mars, Bringer of War," Tchaikovky's 6th Symphony, etc. Metal only wishes it could be this exquisitely dark. I cannot call myself a huge fan, but what metal is more primal and savage than "Rite of Spring"?

6. no country for old wainds

Only a few releases can even be considered to be on the same map, let alone in the same league.

7. DE

DE vote bnp

But wasn't Wagner a racist though?

8. no country for old wainds

"Hey Deron, just thought I'd PM you to tell you that not only is DE trolling GMD, but he gave himself an extra 1000 posts that time he got the database password."

9. Demiurge

What a fucking tool. Here's a clue: when people see that you post 21 times per day on this forum, they won't think that you are cool, they will think that you are a worthless, pathetic moron who has no life.

10. DE

DE vote bnp

:lol:

11. Oblivious Maximus

Oblivious Maximus I am the worm

:lol:
    How true.

12. MasterOLightning

MasterOLightning Optimator

See, this is what deserves to get flamed. Even if you disagree with me, at least I use proper grammar and punctuation. And Demiurge, if you still are keeping up with this thread, show me where exactly I said that classical music lacked emotion. I never said or implied that. I said that it lacks some of what metal has, but I never said that in and of itself it was lacking.

13. Demiurge

Did you forget your argument? I'll help you out: you said that classical music lacked range of emotion in comparison with metal. My response to this is that you need to familiarize yourself with it because there are plenty of great works which portray "metal" emotions(darkness, aggressiveness, etc.) You argued that classical lacks a lyrical element, which robs it of emotiveness. This is patently false.

14. sweet majestic darkness

sweet majestic darkness The Metal Mama

I will agree. Lyrics aren't always the part that have the feeling, classical music, to me anyways, has emotion to it. You just have to "feel" the music in order to understand. I don't think metal is superior, but it is the main genre of music that I listen to.

15. EternalMetal

EternalMetal Active Member

I dont think any genre is truly superior, but in my opinion, i think metal does it for me. From the stuff i hear i see an extreme amount of talent and ability. More than i notice in other music i listen to, but their is great musical talent/genious in any music genre. You just have to look hard enough.

16. Scourge of Malice

better than everything besides pink floyd

17. LordFireworm

LordFireworm Member

Not if the fans are anything to go by.

18. no country for old wainds

Final warning, BT. Stop trolling and being an idiot or you'll be banned. Permanently this time.