This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you meet in real life with users of forums, social networks?

Discussion in 'Non-Metal' started by komeye, Oct 6, 2020.

1. komeye

komeye New Metal Member

Lately we've all been communicating more online.
    Tell me, but there was a case when you met over a cup of "coffee" with those with whom "friends" in social networks or communicate on forums?

2. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

I've had a beer or at least met with several people I'd played a PC game with, and had a beer with another guy since we both contribute to the same music website. Forums exist in those scenarios but aren't the sole connection. There's one guy I met after talking to him on Facebook, but it was more of an interview thing as he was using the topic of metal to write for a university assignment.

I've also met a lot of people at concerts/live shows who I'd already communicated with online via local music forums, Last.fm or Facebook. But I wouldn't count those as meet-ups - I was already going to the shows anyway to see some band or maybe even their band, but it didn't really matter whether I found a chance to talk to them or not as that wasn't the point of going.

3. Grover

Grover New Metal Member

Only with people I knew before social media. Not vice versa.