This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dragonfire of Fire

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Fire breath, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Fire breath

Fire breath Member

The pinnacle of power metal cheese has been reached. Unleash The Archers is like Pink Floyd or some serious band next to these guys. Funny thing is I'd listen to a whole album of this shit no fuckin' problem!

#1 Fire breath, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. DarkOne

DarkOne Black Belt in Sarcasm

Love the power metal buzzwords thrown into the background.

Steve in Philly

3. eppst1

eppst1 Member

I really enjoyed that! Thanks for sharing!

4. MeTuLHeD

MeTuLHeD A Member To Remember

You do realize this is parody...right?

I kind of like Unleash The Archers to be honest. They change the genre up just enough to make things interesting. With the right producer and engineer, I predict they will create a MASSIVE disc.

5. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

Wut r u talkin' bout medalhed? This is super rad serious awesome blazing power metal!

6. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

DRAGONFIRE OF FIRE – SINGLE, LYRIC VIDEO “THE POWER OF THE RAGING HORSE” RELEASED

“A band that is obviously born to reign and destined for heroic victory and eternal glory” as a press release states is Dragonfire Of Fire and the band has released their debut single “The Power Of The Raging Horse”.

The band comments: "We write from our hearts and we have to stay honest to ourselves, even if some people might get offended. Power metal isn't for sissies or posers. Glory, power and honor will prevail!"

[​IMG]

Joining them on their debut single is Andrea, the vocalist of the Italian power metal band 4th Dimension. The band comments: "Andrea embraced the spirit of the song in a glorious way and delivered heroic and furious vocals far beyond our imagination. Regrin would be proud. And", the band adds, "He’s also quite cool, for an Italian."

7. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

This is coming from a guy who thoroughly enjoys Nanowar of Steel: even for parody metal, this is horrible. I never thought I would use the following words, but I would rather listen to Gloryhammer.

Stay metal. Never listen to this!
    Albert

8. MeTuLHeD

MeTuLHeD A Member To Remember

LOL! Let The Hammer Fall!

9. Palabra de Dios

I would always like to listen to Gloryhammer.

10. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

I tried to get into Gloryhammer, but it just doesn't click with me. When I hear a band that's not meant to be taken seriously, I feel that there should be some sort of indication pointing to that in the music. For instance, it's pretty clear to me that Steel Panther are goofing around, despite the fact that their music is expertly crafted. When I hear Gloryhammer, however, I don't get that same vibe. If the lyrics had more of an outrageous, Nanowar-styled approach, it would probably work for me. Unfortunately, they really just come across as the kind of lyrics that a Grade F power metal band that wants to be taken seriously would write. Does that make sense?

Stay metal. Never rust.
    Albert

11. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Nope (in reference to Gloryhammer specifically).

"The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee" isn't exactly Shakespeare. :D

12. Keir

Keir Member

It makes sense to me. I think bands like this and Gloryhammer want to play good power metal but at the same time they recognize the inherent silliness of the genre and just go with it. Personally , I love Gloryhammer and Twilight Force (and you can probably add Dream Evil and now Edguy to that list) but this doesn't work for me.

13. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

They should have called the band Dragonfire of the Firedragon. They missed a golden opportunity.

With regard to Gloryhammer, I actually revisited them this weekend. Similar to Met-Al, I found the lyrics just a bit too silly to get into the music. I've heard they're a ton of fun live. I'm curious to learn if seeing them live will change my opinion.

14. Palabra de Dios

I think the tongue-in-cheek humor is what endeared Orden Ogan to me when I finally saw them at ProgPower. I always thought they were pretty decent, but seeing them live, in those outfits it finally made sense. I would imagine the same would happen with Gloryhammer. If you ever see Alestorm, you can tell they are clearly not trying to be serious about it, but it's the deadpan "seriousness" that sells their brand. I think Gloryhammer is the same thing, only with more of a Medieval Times vibe. Plus those choruses are catchy as hell!

It's the same way we can enjoy this Dragonfire of Fire, which is to power metal what Steel Panther is to hair metal. It's clearly a joke, but it comes from a group who gets why we love this kind of music and lets us be in on the joke as well, rather than just making fun of how silly they think power metal is.

15. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

Palabria de Dios, this song represents what I think of when you mention the idea of a band that understands what power metal fans enjoy about the music and letting us in on the joke. As Glenn stated, the lyrics to "The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee" aren't exactly Shakespeare, but they aren't exactly this, either. This makes me laugh. Perhaps it's because it speaks to me on my intellectual level (if you listen to it, you can tell how high I set the bar), but it nonetheless makes me laugh.

Thanks to SeaStorm for giving me the quick tutorial on posting videos. Who knew it was that simple? Oh, yeah...everyone else!

Stay metal. Never rust.
    Albert

#15 Met-Al, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  16. Oblivion Ocean

I see Gloryhammer much in the vein of films like Shaun of the Dean and Hot Fuzz. Those movies celebrate the genres (zombie, buddy cop) as much (if not more) than they make fun of their conventions. I think some people see Gloryhammer more like a Naked Gun or Airplane! spoof, where they are laughing at power metal. I think they are celebrating the aspects that we all love, but at the same time having fun with the ridiculous parts of it. I think it is a little more subtle where on one hand you can enjoy the music, and you can also enjoy the tongue-in-cheek nature of the lyrics.

17. SeaStorm

SeaStorm Member

You got it, bro!

Sadly, not everyone else knows, as I still see lots of threads with YouTube links not showing up inline. As a public service, I'll repeat my tips:

- use youtube.com url, not youtu.be
    - don't use 's' in https
    - don't include any of the junk after the 10 character ID

18. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

19. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

For the glory of Dundee!