This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DragonForce to play on Ozzfest's Main Stage!

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Curufin, May 19, 2006.

1. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

Well, I wasn't being too serious or anything.
    I dunno, I always thought that booing bands just makes you look like a moron. Sure, we all have done it.
    I don't think I ever gave any band as much shit as I did (along with many others) when Bleeding Through opened for the Haunted a few years back.

2. 7thSaviour

7thSaviour Power Metal Maniac

Roadrunner is a decent label, kinda like Wind-Up in some respects.

3. Bryan316

Bryan316 METAL... nuff said!

Last year, I wasn't too pissed at any of the bands, except when Jada Pinkett thought she was metal. And I wasn't the only one in that crowd who thought it as well! There was tons of boos for her. And one other band, but I can't remember who they were. Which says a lot about those bands. HAH! Cheap shot!

We booed the unholy hell outta Black Dahlia Murder when they played before Symphony X and Blind Guardian. Ahh, good times...

But to be serious, I don't think I really boo bands that much, unless they flat out suck, or start ragging the audience or acting like divas on stage. Like Protest The Hero at the Cleveland show. Gawd, did they ever piss off that audience with their back talk.

4. 7thSaviour

I hate Korn and Adema because theypiss off the fans of other bhe bill with them. Chavez and Davis had betta recognize!

5. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

Hrmmm..
    I thought I had an open mind about music.
    You might top everyone by mentioning Rhapsody and Manowar in the same day as mentioning Korn and Adema (Not sure who this is)

6. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Interesting.

I have no doubt.

Not surprising. As I heard it, they pulled all sorts of chicanery on their first US tour, including booking local bands, having them sell a lot of tickets, and then booting them off the bill. I know this happened to Aska, and I heard it happened to others as well.

Zod

7. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Yep. If I was in a band, and RR was one of the labels wanting to sign us, they'd probably be who I'd sign with. Say what you will about their roster, they promote the shit out of their artists.

Zod

8. Jibrille

Jibrille Member

While Wind-Up has the ability to promote some of their artists, I have heard a few bad things about their policies from the artists on their label. Such as telling people in a band not to go on an online forum which they have frequented since before they ever joined the label. This was the only thing brought up among a number of issues. There were a few other things going on that were strong enough for one guy to tell another guy working on getting his band signed that he highly recommended not ever going with Wind Up.

9. 7thSaviour

I've seen them all play live. I love hard music, but Korn and Adema are very vocally abusive to the audience, especially to those who won't stand up and jump around during the whole show. The singer of Adema is the younger half-brother of Davis of Korn. Apparently bad manners and foul mouths run in their family.:lol: :puke:

10. 7thSaviour

Interesting. Thanks. Well, without them, we'd probably have never heard the likes of Creed and Evanescence, which for many of you would've been OK, right?:lol:

11. 4acidbath4

4acidbath4 Member

I was pissed when i found out that DF canceled there SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND date in POUGHKEEPSIE,NY. Then checked the OZZFEST page and seen them added. IN FLAMES was great at last years festival, and they also gave sometime to get over there after ROB ZOMBIE. I will be attending the Randell's Island date, all open air festival, will be fucking great.:headbang:

12. 4acidbath4

4acidbath4 Member

DRAGONFORCE: Performance/Interview Video Posted Online - May 22, 2006

Blender.com just posted a two-part video interview with DRAGONFORCE guitarist Herman Li. Watch as he pulls off unimaginable sound effects and is interviewed alongside fellow guitar wizard Sam Totman — then read more about the group and their forthcoming Roadrunner album, "Inhuman Rampage", by clicking here.

DRAGONFORCE have been confirmed for the main stage at this year's Ozzest, which is set to kick off June 29 in Auburn, Washington. The band's third album, "Inhuman Rampage", which was issued in Europe four months back, will receive a U.S. release on June 20 via Roadrunner