This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dual Rectifier with a 4x12 Engl Pro/v30

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by recycle, Jan 29, 2011.

1. recycle

recycle Member

Hello,

Does anyone have experience tracking a 3channel dual rectifier with a Engl e4x12VG (straight v30's)? I have a ts808 with andy's settings, and use the second channel on the rectifier. Bass 11, middle 10:00, treble 11:30, presence 10, gain 12:00.
    *The 57 is 1" inch from the grill and it points towards the middle of the dust cap and the cone.
    The tone is good, but i dont feel it cuts trough a symphonic BM mix. I am after a more roaring and crunchy tone.
    What do you guys think think of the mic placement on the engl cab and my settings?*

Thank you.

2. CubanDude

CubanDude not really cuban

I actually do play a Triple Rec through an ENGL Cab w/ V30s, and I'm really happy with my sound. My chain is ESP Horizon w/ Seymour Duncans -> Maxon OD-9 -> Triple Rec -> ENGL Cab -> Unidyne 545III and / or Audix i5 (if I record with both mics at once I do it the Fredman way, otherwise, with one mic, I set it off axis (towards the edge of the cab) and set it like 1-2" back) .. so basically, I guess you should try more mic positions to find a good balance in your tone and get what you're aiming for by the source... Although I never did Symphonic BM, maybe the setup really doesnt work out for that kinda genre (although I doubt that).

3. recycle

recycle Member

Hi, thanks for the answer! I shall try some new mic positions then. I would prefer to mic it with only one 57, but ill give the fredman style a chance.

4. recycle

recycle Member

Btw, i am also playing a Horizon, a ntII!! Great guitar :)