This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DVD?

Discussion in 'Seventh Wonder' started by terryp, Nov 4, 2011.

1. terryp

terryp Member

Will Seventh Wonder release an official concert DVD someday? I already have the special edition of Mercy Falls with the DVD, which is fun to watch. If I can't catch them llve someday, it would be the next best thing. I hate to start a new thread for just a question but I haven't seen any mention of the subject anywhere else. Thanks.

2. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

i'm afraid the guys have not enough fans to justify a DVD. Maybe next record could be released in standard and deluxe edition +DVD. My tip. :)

3. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Frankgate, I'm sure SW has enough fans to justify that.

terryp, the fact is that they really want to make a DVD themselves but I guess they're looking for the the right venue and the right time/timing.
    It won't happen soon (with Andreas being in the USA - back in March/April 2012) but when the time has come I'm sure we'll enjoy a magnificent 'Live in Mercy Falls'-DVD, with some extra songs and footage as well :).

4. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

Hope you're right Kazar, but I fear not.

5. terryp

terryp Member

Kazar & Frankgate, Thanks for the response!. I know one of my favorite bands, Enchant, were able to record a fairly good quality DVD, on what I'm sure was a very modest budget, a number of years ago. Therefore I'm hopeful SW will be able to do the same someday.

6. Minoin

Minoin New Metal Member

I agree with you guys that a DVD would rock. The first thing I think about is Johan Larsson, who obviously already proved himself to be quite the artist in video and audio. I don't know how much more you can ask from him, but I'm sure he would make one epic Live DVD!

7. Xandra

Xandra Member

As much as I love Johan's bass playing and that I hope to see him play with SW again, I think it would a huge mistake for all the fans out there to make a DVD without the one and only Andreas Blomqvist. Seriously, how would that look?

There is no need to rush, they can tackle such a project when he's back. :p

@Kazar: I agree with you, Seventh Wonder has enough fans to do a DVD. Especially since lots of fans maybe won't have the chance to see them live, so there is absolute need for a DVD. But it's always about the right moment to do one. And that's definitely not now.

Man, a DVD would be amazing - I'm so going to be there when they shoot a concert - no matter where. :D

8. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

ooh, I forgot Andreas' job brought him to the States for so long. Of course there's no sense in shooting a DVD without him. Hope to hear any news from him.

9. Minoin

Minoin New Metal Member

Hahaha, no no. Though I also like Johan's playing, I meant him as the one shooting the DVD. He recorded the Alley Cat clip, that was what I was referring to :) He would FILM quite an artistic DVD of Seventh Wonder WITH Andreas ;)

10. Xandra

Xandra Member

Haha! I completely misunderstood you. :loco: And yes of course - that would be awesome!

11. Schatz

Schatz Member

I hope that all your wishes come true, because that will also be fulfilled mine. :p
    It would be incredible to see the guys at SW in a live DVD and Johan Larsson could shoot it.

12. Edd037

Edd037 Member

Sorry to bump an old thread...

But now Andreas is back from the states, it would be great to see a live DVD.

For me, it would have to be a double DVD set

Disk 1:
    Songs from Become/WITW/The Great Escape ending with a live version of the Great Escape title song.

Disk 2:
    Mercy Falls live in its entirety.

I think I'll have to keep dreaming :p.

13. marshmallow

marshmallow Member

If I recall correctly, Circus Maximus made a live DVD though, and SW did play in Progpower (with them), plus so it's not entirely out of question for SW to as well.

14. Aran

Aran Member

CM might have filmed a show, but they have never released a live dvd.

15. Edd037

Edd037 Member

Circus Maximus have songs on two of the ProgPower USA DVDs which may be what you are thinking of.

Annoyingly there was no DVD of ProgPower USA XI when Seventh Wonder Played :(

16. orcslayr23

orcslayr23 Member

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a deluxe version of this new album that had a bonus track and dvd with a live set or something?

17. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

no bonus tracks (I hate them) but a bonus DVD would be awesome.

18. orcslayr23

orcslayr23 Member

Personally I find with a lot of bands i'm a fan of, their bonus tracks are pretty awesome, sometimes even better than a lot of songs on the regular versions.

I mean, I guess it would depend on how SW does their writing. If they have an extra song that doesn't really "fit" with the rest of the album why not release it as a bonus instead of sitting on it/scrapping it?

19. Xandra

Xandra Member

Long time no posting in this topic from me. I have to admit, I'm SOOO ready for a DVD.

The guys will release their fifth album in the upcoming months - it is absolutely time for a DVD! Other bands release a DVD with only one album on the market.

While a normal recording of a concert would be nice, I really fancy the idea that was brought up in the Setlist topic, that the DVD should include Mercy Falls complete plus The Great Escape (song) plus some encores. That would be something extra special and stand out among other live DVD/Blu-Ray releases. A band should never settle with nice and up to standard. You should always try to be better than the rest, right? And it would definitely be someting people would talk about for a long time. :heh:

And I can't deny I would LOVE to hear Mercy Falls without the speaking parts. xP

20. BaraHime

BaraHime Member

^ But the speaking parts are important for the storyline. :p Though for a concert they'd be hard to work in without breaking the flow of things. I'd be happy with any DVD from you guys. :D It'll be great whatever you include. ...Just make sure Tommy shaves, an hour and a half of that Wookiee look he had going on during the TGE era is more than I can take. :lol: Don't ask.