This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to the Madhouse

Want to help spread the disease my friend? Sign up today!

Early Anthrax Demos

Discussion in 'Anthrax' started by Plantweed, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Plantweed

Plantweed New Metal Member

Hi, I'm writing an epic book that will cover every known 1980s metal demo, and I'm trying to straighten out the early Anthrax demos, and was wondering if anyone here could help out. The Metal Archives lists a few, but they often conflict with other info. This is what I have...

• First Demo (July, 1982): Across the River/Howling Furies / I Will Take You There / Leader of the Land / Bud E Lovebomb and Satans Lounge Band
    Neil Turbin (v), Greg Walls (lg), Scott Ian (rg), Dan Lilker (b), Greg D'Angelo (d)
    I have this one.

• Demo (1982 or 1983, Sonic Recording Studios, Fremont, NY): Sin / Antichrist / Hunting Dog
    Neil Turbin (v), Dan Spitz (lg), Scott Ian (rg), Dan Lilker (b), Greg D'Angelo (d)

• The Neil Turbin Demos (1982, Metalforce World Wide, aka Unofficial Demo): Across the River/Howling Furies / Hate / Pestilence / Satans Wheels
    Neil Turbin (v), Dan Spitz (lg), Scott Ian (rg), Dan Lilker (b), Greg D'Angelo (d)
    I have this one.

• Howling Furies (1983): Howling Furies / Hate / Pestilent / Satans Wheels / Hellfire

• Second Demo (1983): Soldiers of Metal / Panic / Hellfire / Anthrax / Across the River/Howling Furies
    I have this one.

Other sources list these as demos:

• Demo 1982 (1982): Across the River/Howling Furies / Hate / Pestilence

• Demo 1983 (1983): Soldiers of Metal / Panic / Hellfire / Anthrax / Across the River/Howling Furies

Possible bootlegs assembled by others later...

• Demo 1982 (1982): Across the River/Howling Furies / I Will Take You There / Leader of the Land / Bud E Lovebomb And Satans Lounge Band

• The Neil Turbin Demos (198?): Across the River/Howling Furies / Hate / Pestilence / Satans Wheels / Bud E Lovebomb And Satans Lounge Band

Is anyone familiar enough with this stuff to straighten it out? I'd appreciate it, thanks. You can track progress with the book here:

http://demolitionbook.blogspot.com/

Bob Plante
    Albany, NY

2. Social Distortion

Social Distortion The Voice of Reason

I wish I could help you but I have no idea.

3. jonasbjarki

jonasbjarki Member

you can contact anthrax's first lead guitar player right here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GregoryWalls

i'm sure he'll help you out. he wrote panic and even recorded some guitar tracks on "Fistful of Metal", but was never credited. for some reason, i thought he was active on this board for a while...? anyhow, that's his youtube channel.

4. Thrashard

Thrashard Whistler's father

Greg Walls knows how to shred!