This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Edensong for cd of the year...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by TwizstedJesus, Nov 19, 2016.

1. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

I searched the forum and there has been almost no mention of Edensong or their brilliant new disc, "Years in the Garden of Years". I bought this one on a whim from lasercd after reading some good things about it, and WoW am I glad I did!
    It doesn't fall into the category of progressive metal, but it is definitely progressive. Melodic vocals, a conceptual theme throughout, a ton of flute, cello and other assortment of odd instruments along with the standard guitar bass etc...
    I don't really know what to say about this disc. I've never really liked much prog-rock, sticking mainly by the metal scene, but this one grabbed me right away and i haven't stopped spinning it since! I'm placing it in 2016's top 5 discs of the year right alongside of Fates Warning, Neal Morse Last in Line & Evergrey. 6 weeks to go and I' m not sure how high of a ranking this will get. It may make it to #2! Its that good!
    Do yourselves a favor. Give this a spin. If anything catches your fancy, spin it again. It grows on you and eats away at your soul.

2. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

I saw them a few years ago at ProgDay and they were really good. I haven't really digested this one yet, but their previous album, The Fruit Fallen, was very good.

4. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

5. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

6. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

They are also playing RoSFest May 7th in Gettysburg, PA.

7. Liquid Tension

I like this disc a lot.. Enjoy the show!