This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Eluveitie

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Cheiron, Jun 27, 2006.

1. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

They for sure were the surprise of the first Paganfest and were amazing! However, like others have said once those brothers left they just don't have that "it" factor anymore. The new album sucks too. I'm all for experimentation and such, but they need to realize who their fans are -- metal fans. I would've had no problems with them doing the occasional unplugged song but with them having a full album of stuff like that is just a mistake and so it feels more like a world album than anything else.

2. Photino Decay

Photino Decay Quantum Superposition

I think it's not even that it's all acoustic, but more that there are only really 2 actual songs on the whole album. The rest of it is just background music I imagine I'd hear with a bunch of stoned druids around a campfire. Kinda neat, in terms of setting up atmosphere, but not something I'd actually buy.

3. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

Oh yeah, I saw the P:rofl:x tour. Might check that out. Baroness are pretty sexy.

Don't care about the Satyricon show...I've seen them before, but that show has Bleeding Through, and I will not sit through it. Plus I'll be nowhere near Atlanta the day of that one.

But who's the support with the Vader tour? I'll think about it if it's good. I've seen Vader like 4 times, so it's no super important to me.

4. Palabra de Dios

Wait...what? You saw Windir? When and where? Here in America? Or overseas? Goddamn. They are probably my favorite black metal band...I love everything about what Valfar was doing in that band.

5. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

Ah yeah I've only seen Vader once and that was a short set on Summer Slaughter a few years ago, so I can't wait to see them again. They're coming through with Decrepit Birth, Augury, Warbringer, The Amenta, and SWWAATS.

6. Palabra de Dios

I don't think they are band bands, but it seems like Decrepit Birth and Warbringer are on every tour. Jesus. Still...The Amenta and Augury: pretty sexy. I might have to check this out.

7. PurpleCrayonWriter

PurpleCrayonWriter Just a Kid at Heart

I was fully prepared to loathe the new Eluveitie album, Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion. The song "Omnos" sounded light-weight and poppy.

But I bought the album and...

...was completely blown away. In my opinion, Evocation I is a very mature, creative album. It is in another league from their previous works, a giant step forward.

I absolutely love Evocation I. I didn't know Eluveitie had it in them.

Bill

8. War Ensemble

War Ensemble Enos, You Dipstick!

I'd guess he saw Windir at one of the Milwaukee Metal Fests. I think they were there in 2003.

Vreid has also performed in North America. They were one of the headliners at Heathen Crusade II. That show was in 2007 in St Paul, MN.

9. Cheiron

Cheiron Member

Glad I'm not the only one!

10. Palabra de Dios

Windir played at Milwaukee metalfest. Damn. That's awesome.

11. ConnieOH

ConnieOH Metal Lover in Ohio

Anyone seen this trailer for the new Eluveitie album due out in Feb? I'm looking forward this one.

#31 ConnieOH, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  12. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

You and me both!! If it follows the directions of Slania, with a lot of the folky stuff on Evocations, it'll be awesome!!!!!!

13. No-Mercy

No-Mercy Feanor

i was lucky enough to hear them when their first album came out. i love the band. considering my second favorite genre of music behind metal is celtic/orchestration. awesome stuff.