This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

EQ suggestions for Portal

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by ratsapprentice, Jun 3, 2010.

1. muckypup1

muckypup1 Sinister Haven \m/

no, i was saying that most people probably couldn't listen to it without being stoned, i never said i listen to it stoned.

2. GarethSE

GarethSE New Metal Member

i personally think paramore is as deep as it gets when you have had a smoke
    deeper than a triple cunted hookers collective vagina

3. Terminus

Terminus Member

[​IMG]
    Jeff Spicoli approves of your post.

4. vaiman

vaiman Member

:)

5. abt

abt BT

I fucking dug the video. Some of the reactions here are surprising and disappointing. Seeing that this is a Metal forum I would assume that we are all into Metal. Surely that would make you a prime candidate to open your mind to something different. Something with artistic integrity. Sure if you don't like it then that's okay, we all have our own tastes, but why immediately say "this is shit". It is like those who hate abstract art but have never set foot in a gallery. To immediately point the finger is no better than the bonehead that hassled you in high school "duh, you're listening to Pantera? What the fuck is that shit?". Every day as a metal artist you'll get this reaction from 95% of the population. Now you are one of them.

6. drew_drummer

drew_drummer Dancefap

None of this changes my opinion. It's fucking bollocks.:zombie:

7. Bekanor

Bekanor Renegade Folk Hero

[​IMG]
    I'd be interested in reading something that details the mythos of the curator and narrative concepts behind the band in general. Judging from the album art and stage show it seems like it could either be fascinating and in-depth, or absolutely retarded.

Third edit: Still can't decide whether I like these guys or not. I really, REALLY hate noise bands but I'm really getting some cool atmosphere here.

8. GarethSE

ive been reading the lyrics and im convinced its all tied together. theres frequent recurring concepts such as The Endmills, The Sweyy, Seepia, Omenknow... But I have no idea how it all fits together, or whether it even does at all for that matter, but yeah. Read some HP Lovecraft cos it's all just lovecraft worship. That'll probably set you on the right path.

And as for the curator, all i hear about him is how much of a weird dude he is in person, which sells the whole idea of the curator and their music even more to me. \m/
    He is now wearing some sort of priest outfit live rather than the clock. Fucking badass stuff. Check out some of the latest live videos.

9. raybrochill

raybrochill Member

10. drew_drummer

drew_drummer Dancefap

I heard the clockman is actually Dani Filth.

11. JMarz

JMarz New Metal Member

I would be trashing this shit right alongside with you guys, but me n' Gareth had a nice chat about the point of Portal earlier, which leads me to the whole point of maybe you guys aren't really listening properly? This stuff is more about expression and/or the arts of creating and crafting something truly unique and diverse, not musical knowledge/sense.

At first I was like.. [​IMG]

But then, I [​IMG]'d

Just because it's not Nevermore or Killswitch Engayge, doesn't mean it's absolute shite.

EDIT: I just read all of Gareth's posts and realized I just pretty much said the exact same thing he did :lol:

Oh well. The point stands.

12. drew_drummer

drew_drummer Dancefap

Dude... I've listened to venetian snares for fucking years, and autechre for years before that. I certainly AM listening properly. Douche.

13. GarethSE

id say drews ears are spiffing

14. Let it burn...

Let it burn... Orgasm Donor

Yeah same. The Locust is one of my favorite bands but this is just stupid

15. wlkr

wlkr Member

This sounds like shite. Like old school BM dropped a couple of octaves, and lacking any memorable riffs. I'd rather listen to Disembowelment for some good grindy doom.

16. guitarguru777

guitarguru777 Member

I just dont get it. Then again I don't get things like Necrophagist either. I guess when it comes to "technical" playing I look more to guys like the 80s shredders ...lol

Maybe its an age thing.

17. Line666

Line666 Fendurr

So instead of just having an opinion those of us that don't like it are too stupid to "get it" (whatever that rather cliched term really means)?

Sorry man, but thats definitely NOT the case, in the entirely subjective reality that is music I just don't enjoy this and as such feel the need to express that in my own bitter and twisted way.

My problem with this is that theres no coherent layer of thought here, if I wanted to see people expressing themselves my spazzing out then I'd go to a mental institute, musically this is about as pleasing as someone dragging their nails down a blackboard, if you want to go extreme at least go all the way there and listen to some fucking pink noise instead of this pretentiousness. OMG THE FULL FREQUENCY SPECTRUM, HOLLA.

Saying this is unique is a bit like saying your social worker thinks your "special".

18. guitarguru777

guitarguru777 Member

Owen I wouldn't go far as to say "just listen to white noise". There is something to be said about this music and the energy and abandonment it creates. Sometimes beauty comes out of chaos. While its definitely not my cup of tea, there are some people that enjoy this type of music. Music is made for enjoyment and therefor to those who enjoy it this music is relevant.

19. Line666

Line666 Fendurr

That was really my point except I dislike it so I reserve the right to feel irreverent towards it and to openly display that irreverence.

20. drew_drummer

drew_drummer Dancefap

I'm just weighing my oar in due to boredom. :lol: