This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Evilbay strikes again

Discussion in 'Bar' started by scorpio01169, Aug 23, 2015.

1. scorpio01169

scorpio01169 Member

I bid on and won a Bugera 333XL infinium on eBay. The auction ended around 1 am Thursday, so when I woke up the next morning I was surprised that I won but paid for the amp. Friday morning the funds cleared my bank, I get a message from the seller this morning (Sunday), that he will be shipping the amp out on Tuesday. Would I be wrong if I give this guy a slow shipper rating? When I sell something on eBay, as soon as I get the first bid I pack it up for shipping, and as soon as funds clear I'm off to whatever shipping mediums they pay for. Why do people fuck around like this?

2. SocialNumb

SocialNumb Damn Christians!

I believe they get up to three business days to ship. That's how I remember it anyways.

3. scorpio01169

scorpio01169 Member

eBay says up to 7 days, but personally I think they should drop it to two business days. When I win an item, I'm given 24 hours to pay.

4. JeffTD

JeffTD Senhor Testiculo

Sellers can set their own handling time and it'll be displayed on the auction itself. If they stay within that stated time, they're fine.

5. Terminus

Terminus Member

If the seller has a good rating and their reviews are positive, I wouldn't worry too much. Three days isn't all that bad really considering it's the weekend.

6. scorpio01169

scorpio01169 Member

I understand, I am impatient like that. And I know I shouldn't be. But 5 days to ship something seems a little long.

7. JeffTD

JeffTD Senhor Testiculo

It seems a little long in a vacuum, but when 2 of the days are weekend days and you could consider any of the multitude of things potentially going on in that dudes life (maybe his dad's not doing well health-wise, maybe his kid is doing poorly in school, maybe his wife just left him, etc etc etc) it seems totally fine, especially if it was stated on the auction that it would take a certain amount of time.

8. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

I have a wonky weekend job complete with a full day on Monday. Maybe the guy is just in the same boat I am can can't ship till tuesday.

I wouldn't sweat it man.

9. scorpio01169

scorpio01169 Member

I talked to the seller and he said he was out of town at a festival. So the package is supposed to arrive today. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

10. scorpio01169

scorpio01169 Member

Well after waiting a week, I possibly will have to return this amp back to the seller due to product not as described. He described it as the Bugera 333XL Infinium, but it was only the 333 infinium. For those that that don't know the difference, the XL version has a high gain and a low gain input, the boost buttons and a noise gate where as the 333 version none of that. The price I paid for the amp is still worth it but the principal is I bought the XL version.

11. nezvers

nezvers Beast

How it was shown in pictures?

12. scorpio01169

scorpio01169 Member

The pics were blurred. But everything worked out, we made a deal where I kept the amp and he returned my shipping plus a few bucks. I kept his feedback at 100%. It has already made me some money. I rented it out over the weekend to a guy who wanted a tube amp for a show.