This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Facebook Groups

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by waav studios, Dec 4, 2016.

1. waav studios

waav studios Member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/577756049000363/

this seems to be the place nowadays. not trying to kill a forum or anything, just trying to spread the wealth and extend an olive branch to other guys. there's a lot of sneapers on there as well. it's a pretty incredible place.

Phil_ocean likes this.
  2. Phil_ocean

Phil_ocean Member

You can't kill something that is already dead :/

DeclanWhite likes this.
  3. Delitzsch

Delitzsch Führendes Mitglied

Too bad I don't have a Facebook account and I don't want to make one either, just for some group. Oh, well.

4. waav studios

waav studios Member

facebook is annoying. i use it mainly for band promotion or else i wouldn't have one. if you're in an active band you have to have all the goddamn social networking bullshit or else you will not be heard. it sucks but thats the nature of the beast.

i will say that this isn't just SOME GROUP. it definitely has the same feeling and acceptance, no dumb question too much, that this forum used to have back in the day. its not just a few engineers exchanging ideas. i just ran into some guy that started his engineering career in the 1971 and is still doing it. there are PRO's on this group and they have a wealth of knowledge. you don't want facebook, thats fine, but if you ask me you're missing out.

if you use FB Purity (google it) which is a browser add on for facebook that lets you block EVERYTHING. I despise adds and most bullshit that people talk and post about and this add on has saved me from a lot of arguments and uncontrollable rage.

make the stupid account, and check it out before you are so sure you don't want to be on there. fuck man, make a fake one. who cares.

Phil_ocean likes this.
  5. Delitzsch

Delitzsch Führendes Mitglied

Alright. I'll give it a shot. If you see a new member with some funky ass name and profile picture...that'll be me. ;)

waav studios likes this.
  6. Korwent

Korwent Member

I really only use my facebook account to chat with friends and promote my music, I never posted anything not related to self promotion in a way or another (well I did once a loooong ago) and only discuss music related topics on non private groups!
    It really is a waste of time apart from that, but in fact, friends and music,what else would one want?

Phil_ocean likes this.
  7. Phil_ocean

Phil_ocean Member

Maaan besides the fact that i totally agree on almost everything you posted, i checked some posts on the group and it was exactly what i was lookin for so thank you very much for sharing it. Concering fb, even though i am mostly using it for band promotion I have met abunch of very interesting people and discovered some amazing bands through it so it wasnt as boring as i always thought it was. Its nothig compared to the good old Myspace though. How is your band called btw?

8. waav studios

waav studios Member

i usually hate shameless self promotion on forums, i don't know why, it just seems like the wrong place to me, but you asked so...

this is my current project
    https://www.facebook.com/howtodisappearcompletelysyracuse

this is the band that i have toured the most with
    https://www.facebook.com/architectkills/

and yes, that group is great. i had to share it with this forum cause it has the same air of quality and acceptance that this forum used to.

9. DeclanWhite

DeclanWhite Senior Member

this

10. Star Ark

Star Ark Member

I joined recently and it's ok but not great. People rarely elaborate on comments, they just blurt out whatever model number or vst they use as the best when it comes to polls. Basically most advice seems to be coming from people who aren't qualified to compare as they are not experienced enough, and engaging one user to elaborate on any comnents they make is normally ignored. In an old school forum like this people engage each other and elaborate which i find much more valuable.

11. bryan_kilco

bryan_kilco Member

Yeah, I'm on it too and I see some bigger guys are involved but rarely post. Seems like a bunch of "newbs" post, but in honesty, it gives me feels because it reminds me of when I found this forum and was asking the same questions. "The fuck is an impulse response?!" LOL.

12. Phil_ocean

Phil_ocean Member

Yeap after a few days I came to the same conclusion and nowadays I dont even visit the group, just seeing random posts in my wall that remind me not to visit the group :/ Well, at least I got the forum's old posts :/

Delitzsch likes this.
  13. Blak

Blak New Metal Member

Attached Files: