This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Favourite Drummer

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by nightwar, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Crusader

Crusader Metal addict

Nick Menza ex-megadeth
    Mr Glockler, Mr McBrain and Mr Travis (as everyone previously mentioned)
    "Inferno" of Behemoth, incredible drummer, the most intense drumming i've heard, leaves no "blanks" in his playing. Check them out.
    Mikkey Dee
    ex Metal Church Kirk Arrington

2. bert

bert Member

Years ago I took the drum solo at gigs as an opportunity to get another beer but since I've actually paid attention I was blown away by Neil Peart! Tommy Aldridge (bare-handed solo) and Ian Paice were also pretty amazing. :kickass:

3. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Les Binks was class, very technical especially considering his era with Priest...Dave Holland...what a horrible evil bastard he turned out to be. Terrible to think he played on so many classic Priest cds/tours .. Still im sure that 8 year stretch will sort him right right the fuck out, lets hope someone owns his ass (in a very violent, non sexual way i mean)

So are you back then Nightwar ????

I found his email in one of my old pm's so i emailed him, hopefully he will return to the flock as i have :)

4. rockandrollsteve

Les Binks-never recognized for the great drummer he was, I am surprised the PRIEST never mention his name.

Cozy Powell-The king, met him when touring with Brian May.Great Guy.

Jason Bonham- After watching him on UFO's live dvd. I was blown away.

Rockandrollsteve

5. Redman

Redman Broken Villain

Yeah.. It's a pity that he turned out to be... that sort of person. But what an excellent drummer he was.

For me it's hard to say which drummer is good and which is not, because I'm not a drummer myself. That's why I just have to say which drummer I don't like and which drummer I do like. Those drummers who concentrate on how fast they can play are not my favourites. Same goes to guitarists as well though.

6. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Fair point mate, and its pretty sad really when you think about it.

7. Redman

Redman Broken Villain

Watched Frozen Rainbow (from Chronicles and Rock Legends DVD) and I have to say that Nigel is a bloody good drummer! I like his style.

8. spaster

spaster Member

I have been playing drums since I was 6 years old.These are the best drummers I have seen live in no particular order.Terry Bozzio w/Jeff beck,unbelivable-Tommy Aldridge w/Pat Travers,powerfull-Phil Rudd w/ACDC,rock solid,Joey Kramer w/Aerosmith,wrote great drum parts,Santana percussion section,like 5 fingers on a hand-Nikko w/Iron Maiden,great entertainer,Jeff Campitelli w/Joe Satriani,awesome-Vinny Appice w/Dio,loved his drumming w/Black Sabbath too-Peter Criss w/KISS,the best rock band in the world.Steve

9. DanTheSwede

DanTheSwede New Metal Member

Check out this page for UNRELEASED videoclips of some of the best drummers around! Virgil Donati, Ricky Evensand, Ian Paice & others, cooool! :worship:

http://www.nilamedia.com/