This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Favourite song/album of Amorphis

Discussion in 'Amorphis (Unofficial)' started by Tuuletar, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Eurynome

Eurynome Kukkahattutäti

TV translators from Finnish into English??? Forget it. The other way round would not be a problem.

2. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

Translation is so hard to do well, and it's hard to tell which difficulties are due to language problems and which are due to cultural differences that defy translation.

3. Nokkakolari

Nokkakolari Member

Alright... This is me not getting until now, that you are the translator. *fansself*

I really hope I didn't offend you in any way b/c that was not my intention. I do realize that this must've been a shitload of work and I do appreciate it. Like I said in my first post I liked the book and I am still chuckling over some passages.

Eurynome likes this.
  4. Eurynome

Eurynome Kukkahattutäti

Haha, of course not, don't worry! :D As I said, I was totally aware of the issue, and anyone afraid of an honest and justified opinion should not be out there publishing stuff in the first place. ;) No translation is ever perfect (but then again, what's perfect in this world anyway?) but on the whole I'm pretty satisfied with the book, and not least so because there's also a lot of my photos in it. Good to know I didn't take them in vain through all those years...

tuonelan likes this.
  5. Summer Ewe

Summer Ewe Wandering Tree Hugger

This is an impossible task (Tomi thinks so too, see avatar XD).

As for albums, I think it's Circle. It's a tough choice between Circle, Skyforger, Under The Red Cloud and Silent Waters, but there's just something about Circle that makes it special.
    Maybe it's because Tomi's voice is on fire on this album, maybe it's because I saw and love the Circle Rockumentary, maybe it's because the concept of this album speaks to me, maybe it's because it's just a collection of kick-ass songs. You pick one, they're all true.

Favourite song? I can't possibly just pick one, but my favourite song for the moment is Nightbird's Song.

6. Ali Cryptica

Ali Cryptica friendly goth

I like Amorphis's album "Eclipse" my self---don't have a favorite song cause I love the whole album...8-]]

7. requiem

requiem I bleed sir, but not killed

Agreed, 'Circle' is an amazing album. It's certainly an inspired album with a great injection of emotional songwriting. I wouldn't class it as my favourite Amorphis album, and I don't think it beats 'Under the Red Sun' (see my list on the previous page), but damn is it a great album.