This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback on Drum Mix

Discussion in 'Recording, Mixing, Studio' started by Brian Ferguson, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Brian Ferguson

Brian Ferguson New Metal Member

Hey everyone. New to the forum, but I've been hearing a lot of good things about this place. I've been learning recording and mixing now on my own for roughly 20 years. I personally like the results I get from my efforts, and the few people I've worked with have been really happy with what I have achieved. However, I still feel there is more to learn and more to do. In such case with my drum production.

I've got a good size room to record in, but it's not a large room with high ceilings. So, it doesn't lend itself to good natural reverb, etc... However, I make up for the shortfalls of the room with micing and dynamic processing, eq, and adding reverb. Again, I like how things sound, but there still has to be more that could be done, more to learn.

I was hoping to post a link to some of the work I've done thus far and just get some feedback. What's good, what's bad, etc... How to improve the bad... and so forth. I look forward to reading the responses. Thank you

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCEXsmX7u-TNujxGSHxSR7phuvLjdcV2J

2. kellyrobin

kellyrobin New Metal Member

Hi
    I checked your youtube link. I liked your stuff, but you need some improvement.