This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

few questions

Discussion in 'Musicians Discussion' started by Metal is Religion, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Metal is Religion

Metal is Religion Anti-Christ

alright. my band doesnt really have a singer, so i might give it a try. im not gonna ask how because thats all over this site. i also play guitar. i would like to know some songs that are good to practice and play at the same time. another thing, i played a 7 string Ibanez today. i seem to have fallen in love with it. Should i try to get a 7 string or is it a waste? thats all, thanks in advance

2. gybberisque

gybberisque Communication Node

Before I start rambling... what type of music do you play and are you rhythm or lead guitar? Also, how much attention do you have to pay to your guitarwork (is it fairly effortless to play?)

3. Metal is Religion

well. im both lead and rhythm. some stuff is complicated, some isnt. we play both death metal and black metal and some viking and other various metal genres

4. Mattias the Bitch Boy

Mattias the Bitch Boy New Metal Member

Well pretty much any Metallica tune would be good.

5. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Metal is the Law!

Depending on the challenge you are after and your level of playing I'd recommend stuff from Megadeth's Rust In Peace all the way through to Cynic's Focus album.

6. Maelstrom

Oh, and my theory is to try and master six strings first.

7. Maelstrom

8. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Watcher of the Storm

Denver, Colorado, United States of Arrogance
    I learned to sing and play at the same time by learning my own shit. I record teh guitars and come up with patterns for the vocals. then record them. and learn to sing and play it at the same time.

9. FrostGiant

FrostGiant Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper

You don't necessarily need a 7 string guitar. You can just drop the heavier scale strings on your 6 string. You lose the high E string, but at least you can play around with the lower tones to see if you actually do want to purchase a 7 string or not. That way you don't go out and buy a 7 string to find out later that you really don't like it. Cuz selling these things can be a bitch. Every wannabe nu-metal teenager bought one a few years ago and there are tons of them for sale right now for a fraction of the price.

BTW, one of my guitars currently has the heavier scale on it. I've come to the conclusion that I won't buy a 7, but I can still record with this and drop a solo over the top with my other guitar.

Also, playing and singing I suck at so I can't comment.

10. Metal is Religion

thanks everyone. im still not sure about the 7 string. i dont think ill be using it anyway, ill just tune down my 6 string and for the singer, i dont think ill be what we want, so we are gonna look for someone else. thanks again!

11. the alumnus

the alumnus Member

really? at my local store there is one 7 string used, and it is one of those old petrucci models from the awake era, with the neon green pickups.