This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Finally hammett returned from the land of sloppiness?

Discussion in 'Bar' started by kaomao, May 16, 2012.

1. kaomao

kaomao Member

back to tight land?
    Maybe!
    I'm impressed by his playing in this show they played the 13th of may in Italy
    He played the solo note by note, the solo on the record it's even one of his most shredding one he has ever done
    Well done Kirk, welcome back

#1 kaomao, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. DanLights

DanLights Santa Hat Forever

pretty cool, I like that intro video, I'm seeing them next Friday, gonna be fun

3. kaomao

kaomao Member

Yeah Dan, I think Metallica are getting a bit better than some years ago, too bad I'm not really into their latest records, but I can say live they rock.
    Too bad I couldn't attend this show.
    Last year when they were here, it was great a show, I really liked it.

4. Atheist

Atheist Who'r u calling a Junior?

I know it's popular to dissing Lars and Kirk, but I saw them week ago and Lars was soooo bad. It wasn't even funny. Even the songs that aren't physically challenging sounded like he just doesn't care. But they player The Shortest Straw so (almost) everything is forgiven. :)

5. Uros

Uros Sonic Incision

I saw them on the 2nd show of this tour in Belgrade, and he was sloppy as usual. Couldn't keep up with the rest of the band on that lick in For whom the bell tolls, and he also fucked up in Nothing else matters (started playing solo in the wrong part of the song), and couple of others 'moments' too...you must have watched him when he was super focused and on his good day. I guess you were lucky! :)

edit: yeah, Lars won the contest

6. Rhys Llewellyn

When Kirk plays the intro to Nothing Else Matters, he NEVER plays it right. It annoys the hell out of me. He does this out of time slide instead of a fast hammer on/pull-off just before it goes to A in the bass...

Other than that, I lost all respect for the man when I realised he really does not give a shit about being a good guitarist and that he is technically getting poorer and poorer by the day. He went from being my biggest hero back when I was a teenager to an absolute joke.

Some Kind Of Monster reveals his soling aptitude these days... The famous unoriginal blues pentatonic bends... What the fuck was he thinking?

Rant over, I agree at least that this particular solo was nearly spot on! Now maybe he should work on his awful out of tune vibrato and relearn the rest of his solos and stay well away from improvising, that never goes well.

7. NoSoup4you22

NoSoup4you22 Keep on blorpin'

Dude, even when Kirk was "good" he wasn't good... Lol. Ending solos on major 2nds and shit...

8. Skinny Viking

Skinny Viking ¯\(°_o)/¯ How do Lydian?

snob :p

don't tell me his solos on just about every song on "RTL" and "Puppets" aren't epic

9. kaomao

kaomao Member

He was good, solos were epic as Carlos said, you could sing totally over them, that was the coolest thing about them.
    I don't get why all people bash so much Kirk, in the past he did a great job.

10. schwinginbatman

schwinginbatman It's shittay!

Even though he's pretty sloppy nowadays, I can't get too mad at him because he DID write the solo to The Unforgiven.

11. Rhys Llewellyn

This is my point exactly though... Yes, he did do a great job in the past, so why isn't he now...? Perhaps his music theory is severely lacking or perhaps he just doesn't give a shit any more, hence he should be mocked and bashed in my opinion! To be fair though, maybe he's been hanging around Lars too long and picked up a few tips ;p

12. LeSedna

LeSedna Mat or Mateo

How the fuck can you play the nothing else matters solo in the wrong section ? This is beyond me !