This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

First ever recording just finished.

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by blackcrownstudios, Jun 17, 2012.

1. blackcrownstudios

blackcrownstudios Engineer / Producer

Tell me what you think.

#1 blackcrownstudios, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  2. reg3n

reg3n Señor Miembro

I feel... clutter...it's so super squashed and the drums don't have body... at 0.54 you can hear your OH's begging for compressor's mercy... I say work on the composition, with no compression at all, when it sounds awesome and has the br300tz, slap a couple of those motherfuckers to control the dynamics on each buss, then and just THEN, use a limiter, for the same purpose, not for loudness.

Cheerio

3. blackcrownstudios

blackcrownstudios Engineer / Producer

Updated

Thanks for the advice, I took back on a few things. What do you think now? Not bad for a first try?

#3 blackcrownstudios, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  4. reg3n

reg3n Señor Miembro

a LOT better, it's hearable now! and I don't mean it in a bad way, I mean you can distinguish stuff a bit more, still too much compression, check how the oh's sound when they're hit in a row... either you take that away from the composition or work a lot on the compression and turning those down, I don't feel the drums body, if I turn the volume down, I only hear the guitar and some crashes and insane compression, It's very cool for a first try, if you work on making everything lower so you can hear everything at every moment (meaning make your gain stages check and keep stuff rather low), it'll sound cool \m/