This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

First Mix With 5150 II!

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Evan Hoyles, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Evan Hoyles

Evan Hoyles Member

Hey, this is my first metal mix with miced guitars let me know what you guys think and what can be improved! Guitars were 5150 with a 57, bass was direct in with logics bass sim, and drums are programmed slate. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6731071/mix2.mp3

2. DrScreamo

DrScreamo New Metal Member

Bring up the snare a bit. It sounds a bit overly compressed to me. It blends to much with the kick in my opinion. The bass and guitars sound awesome though!!!!

3. sk8a123

sk8a123 Member

there seems to be some compression pumping really hard..

4. Evan Hoyles

Evan Hoyles Member

Thanks guys, do you think it's too much compression on the master or is it just some specific instruments? I try to hit hard with compression to make my mixes louder but i still never get where i'd like to be. I've got someone coming over to do vocals today so hopefully ill post an updated version with with that and a better snare tonight.

5. DrScreamo

DrScreamo New Metal Member

the bass and the snare. and a bit of the toms as well. the guitar sounds good to me

6. Evan Hoyles

Evan Hoyles Member

Ok thanks I'll work on that. Still haven't had a chance to do vocals but hopefully i can post it soon!

7. irishfan3124

irishfan3124 Member

yeah something doesn't sound quite right with the drums. sounds like the compression is causing some serious pumping. it sounds strange. the guitar sounds good though! and i like the song! post an update with vox once they're done and try less compression on the drums.